Gas indicator issues

dthomp87

My fuel tank level indicator is constantly flashing. All wires are connected. Has anyone had this issue before? Does this no matter how much fuel is in the tank.

rr_double_rr

Probably just a failed sensor. I've not heard of that yet, but I also don't rely on the guage. I know that I can get 110 miles out of a tank without pushing it, 130-135 if no station is around and I have to go that far. Anything after that and I'd start anticipate walking.

stuna

Probably just a failed sensor. I've not heard of that yet, but I also don't rely on the guage. I know that I can get 110 miles out of a tank without pushing it, 130-135 if no station is around and I have to go that far. Anything after that and I'd start anticipate walking.
WOW THATS ALL i get 50mpg most of the time , have gotton 53 :wav:

rr_double_rr

I also ride like I stole it. Railing the trottle, not riding in higher gears. I could get 50 out of it if I wanted to. I bought the bike to have fun. If I wanted peak fuel efficiency I'd have a prius.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
When Alan and I went on our Ozarks trip, I went 180 miles before we stopped for gas, but I think I could have made it to 200 miles on a single tank.

FZ6RGUY

Nice, just checked the other day. All around town getting on it here and there got 45 mpg. Compared to my lifted tundra at 15 mpg. It is real nice....

rr_double_rr

Nice, just checked the other day. All around town getting on it here and there got 45 mpg. Compared to my lifted tundra at 15 mpg. It is real nice....
Doing the math on a 3 gallon tank, that's about where I am. I prefer not to push it, and with his fuel guage on the blink, I wouldn't want him to, either.

AngryAnt

Is it just me or do accurate fuel gauges just not exist on bikes? I know I'll only have 60 miles on the tank and it'll only show one little bar on my fuel gauge. If it wasn't for the trip meter, I'd be filling it up all the time going off the fuel meter.

JSP

Super Moderator
So to get back on track to the actual question... If it is blinking and nothing you do changes that, there is a fault in the system. Check with the dealer.

Deanohh

Sounds like a defect that would be covered under warranty.

Btw, the miles you go on a tank also depends on how full you fill it.

riceboy1051

i took the level indicator out of my tank and it does the same thing. your level is faling to give a signal. good chance the level seperated from the pump housing and flex the conecting wires enough time for one of the wires to break.

but thats just my guess. are you still able to ride the bike, the motor fires up and runs normal?

dthomp87

everything else on the bike works fine. There is no warranty on this bike. anyone know if there is a way to test the sensor? is the sensor and the fuel pump the same part? looks like the fuel pump is 350$ i might be better off buying a used complete fuel tank if that's possible

edit just found a R6 fuel pump on ebay, any difference in these?

Last edited: