fz6r vs xj6 ? same or not

nucmedman63

I was just checking out how much after market they have for xj6 (grant it they are in another country)compair to usa fz6r selection. My question is will the after markets for the xj6 fit the fz6r found an exhuast that I want and just dont know if it would work on my 6rbike anybody know is there a differance??:confused:

Harda toenail

Don't know for sure but I highly doubt there would be any problems with the exhaust. It wouldnmake business sence for yamaha to keep these bikes identical besides cosmetics. I know fz1 and fz1n parts are interchangeable. Maybe talk to some yamaha reps. They would have no reason to lie about this.

ajiribarren

Exhaust, fender eliminator, sliders, etc are interchangeable between tje fz6r and xj6. Only things I'm sure are not are the windshield, mirrors and front fairing iw different between the two.

Cheers

Bert-Aus

I question the neccessity for this stabiliser on our bikes, not to be a jerk.
Our bikes dont really put out enough hp to warrant it.

Granted I have had a headshake once or twice but only when new to the bike. Others have experienced them aswell IDK as to their long term experience.
I found the likely cause to be myself being to rigid in my arms and hands, muscling the bike in and out of corners.

There is so much to learn and practice in riding technique that changes the entire relationship between bike and rider.

The stabiliser would more than likely fit (always best to triple check with dealers, part numbers of the trip-tree and posted photos)

However IMHO you will just be adding extra weight for no benefit.
I def reccomend you do more research before dropping any hammers on a stabiliser.

jearnshaw

Well I was liking that ideal of the stabilizer til I saw the price. I have been looking the ideal of adapting a universal one to our bike.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

mdgreene2001

I got a quote for one at $475 from pj parts and the stabilizer can be switched to another bike just swap brackets