FZ6R vs FZ6 Dyno Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucker

But I don't have time to watch the Young and the Restless! Need my soap opera fix!

Hellgate

I looked the Versys but was turned off by the thumper motor , I don't like things that thump . We had a old John Deere tractor (powered by propane) that I had to use all the time growing up , that insidious thump . :banghead:
A Versys is not in the same league as the FZ6R . :spank:
The nice purr of a 4 cylinder , now that is music to my ears .
A thumper is a single, the Versys is a twin.

phrank2k11

This is kinda like comparing the Ninja 650R to the Ninja ZX-6R and saying they are both Ninjas and the new one is a 650 vs 636 it must be faster. Any one that is considering buying either has probably done a lil research and will get the bike that fits their needs. Anyone buying a bike cause the name sounds fast is buying for the wrong reason! I ride my FZ6 to about 50% of its performance capabilities, because that's all i need to get me from A to B within the speed limit safely. The same would be true if i had the FZ6R.

For the record I like the styling of the FZ6R better but at the time of purchase i couldn't find one in my price range.

This graph is just info and should be treated as such. If you are happy with your FZ6 or FZ6R then "don't worry, be happy".

Ploppity Drown

Now guys,,lets all calm down here and be respectful to each other. We all like motorcycles so that should unite us all. Now Ploppity , I am just curious why you are so interested in the FZ6R? I thought that maybe you were interested in buying one but now that I see that you have a Kawi 650 Versys so they are basically in the same class of bike? And BTW I agree with you as far as the name goes. Being a totally different bike than the FZ6 why call it FZ6R to ad confusion?
On the day I bought my Versys, I test rode an FZ6R and Versys back to back. I liked the Versys better, obviously.

The riding position was more relaxed, almost like a dirt bike---which was where I'd had the most riding experience. I have pretty short arms so I have to reach farther forward than most. I liked sitting up high, relaxed, with a clear view of traffic. The powerband on the Versys felt more beginner-friendly, too. More power was available down low, whereas on the FZ6R I felt like I was waiting for the power to kick in. But I did prefer the smoothness and sound of the 4-cyl. Still, I felt like the Versys better suited my purposes---primarily commuting. Also, some lady pulled out in front of me on my FZ6R test ride and I barely missed her.. locked up the rear brake in a real ass-puckering moment. I figured that bike was probably cursed. And it didn't hurt that the dealer was highly motivated to sell the Versys.

Anyway, I've been interested in the FZ6R for a long time. That was a year ago. The Versys is working just fine as a commuter, but I'm always shopping for something better. The bikes that really light my fire right now are the Hinckley Triples: the Triumph Street Triple and the Tiger 800... but my budget precludes simply adding a $7K+ bike to my stable. A used FZ6R, though, I could probably just buy cash. And with a year of experience under my belt I can better appreciate the things the FZ6R does right (esp. suspension plushness) and forgive its shortcomings (esp. the need to downshift for more power).

I personally was shocked at the difference between the FZ6 and FZ6R on the dyno. I thought the improvements in low- and mid-range would be more dramatic.

It sounds like you all are not surprised at all. And that's great. The FZ6R is an excellent bike to ride and I wish all of you continued happiness.

Last edited:

bigguybbr

no talent ass-clowns...
"There was nothing wrong with my name, until I was about 12 years old and that no talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys! "
:thumbup:
Love that movie

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Spunky99

Roaddawg

FYI, I just posted a torque/HP curve graph on a Mustang forum comparing a V6 to the GT V8 and then told the proud V6 Mustang owners they'd been had....and I did it all for just for sh!ts and giggles!! :p Then I went back to my Camaro forum and giggled some more.....mmuuuaaaaahhhh!!!! :D

Just kidding.....I won't own a Chevy. :)

Anyways, I tried all the 600's before I bought the FZ6R...and I've never had any regrets. I knew it had less horsepower than the FZ6, but it fit me better just felt right. And, it's done everything I've ever asked it too.

Let's move on from this post and ride....the weathers getting nicer! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.