FZ6R Revision

Doncan

Other than ABS option I don't see many needs for the 6R to be competitive in is own market. Everything has a cost...

From there it's hard to come up with a bike than can please everyone. I like the Touring capability of the 6R, some like the Sporty side of it. I guess they already did an excellent job of aiming right in the middle. My only wish will be to trim about 60 lbs...
Off you ?? :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Parcho

The three things almost every person does when they get their bike. Fender Eliminator, Flush mount turn signals and different mirrors.

I would personally like them to adjust the places the chain guard bolts on. 2 out of 3 spots are easy to get at, the one by the shifter is such a pain. Just move it a 1/2" so its a straight shot to the bolt.

Other than that, I really love this bike. It's the perfect mix of sport / touring for me.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
The FZ6R is their entry level sport bike and they need to keep costs down. It's unlikely they will change this model soon and while I agree an aluminum frame would be awesome, it's added costs that drive the MSRP up. The air scoops, yes, just aesthetic eye candy... the blinkers, nearly all bikes have them.

The real drawback isn't because the designers aren't creative, it is the govenerment rules and regs. They determine the proper use/display of the signals, the emissions equipment that is allowed... a ton of stuff that Yamaha has no control over.

We as consumers are left to mod the bike to override all these restrictions and make the bike what we want it to be, what Yamaha wished it could be. Don't fault Yamaha... instead, go to your local congressman/woman and b*tch about their rules and regulations. ;)

swatguy

I would just like them to ditch the single head lamp gsxr look and make it more yamahaie. That 650r front is amazing with the integrated euro signals.

I too would love a full faired fz8. That would be my perfect bike.

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

turbo.... no wait, supercharger

linkgt

They can do many changes while keeping the price low. The Fz6 is currently 500-1000 dollars cheaper than the fz6r and the performance is better. Here are some things that need changed:

1)Awful Exhaust. Make it 2 piece so it's cheaper to mod

2)Better looking mirrors

3) A projector beam. This should be from factory, especially since it's only one headlight...

4) And most IMPORTNAT OF ALL... Keep the fz6 engine! Dont fricking detune the damn thing more than it already is. It still boggles my mind while yamaha decided to detune the fz6 engine (which is a detuned r6s engine...) for us. WTF -_-

ajskillz13

3) A projector beam. This should be from factory, especially since it's only one headlight...
if this was cheap for them to do, you would see it on all cars as well. It's obvious projectors are preferred, but they are not cheap.

They aren't even standard on all base luxury brand cars.

I agree with you, would love the look!

Dr. X

A 7th gear would be nice!

Fizzer6R

They can do many changes while keeping the price low. The Fz6 is currently 500-1000 dollars cheaper than the fz6r and the performance is better. Here are some things that need changed:

1)Awful Exhaust. Make it 2 piece so it's cheaper to mod

2)Better looking mirrors

4) And most IMPORTNAT OF ALL... Keep the fz6 engine! Dont fricking detune the damn thing more than it already is. It still boggles my mind while yamaha decided to detune the fz6 engine (which is a detuned r6s engine...) for us. WTF -_-
its my goal to at least test ride a FZ6 this year so I can compare. I agree, putting a R on this bike just for full fairing but engine less is completely misleading.

my initial first impressions were breaks are less than par, suspension might be even weaker than breaks, then yes, why is this 600cc engine lacking so much power

Jay S.

I have never ridden the FZ6 but from everything I've read it had an amazing motor. Im not sure why Yamaha detuned it since that would not have changed the cost. But I still love my 6R for the type of riding I do.

Sent from my pimp-a$$ Galaxy Skyrocket

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member