FZ6R Rearsets?

NoDoze

I wonder what it takes to persuade a manufacturer/fabricator to produce rearsets for our bike?

Has anyone contacted the likes of Roaring Toyz for example about this?

I've seen Vitrox' custom FZ6R project when he used an R1 rearset, but that requires drilling a hole to accommodate the second bolt. Looks mighty cool!

Thanks to Vitrox' for these photos.

Edit: I've sent an email to Roaring Toyz to get a reading on if they see this product in the future. Will update as soon as I get a response.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Demand basically.. They need to hear from lots and lots and lots of people so they know there will be a demand for the product. They have LOTS of costs associated with developing a new product so they need to be very certain they will get their money back and make some decent profit.

NoDoze

Jay, I totally agree! Makes you wonder how many people asked them to make the lowering link for our bike.

I did get a response from Brad Sexton, Sales Manager at Roaring Toyz Inc.:

I'll be honest with you, I don't see us having the time to make such a part for the FZ6R. We have had several people asking for this part but, I just couldn't tell you when it would be possible to bring it to life. Check back towards the fall and maybe we'll have a better idea on how to make it happen by then. So until next time, keep it rubber side down!
Maybe we should all email them asking for it? Then by the time fall rolls around, we'll have rearsets to purchase? :D

Here's his contact information:

Brad Sexton
Sales Manager
Roaring Toyz Inc.
[email protected]
Fax Line : 941-953-3834
Telephone : 941-953-4423

-- Joe

CDN6R

As you probably know our bike is sold in Europe as the XJ6N (naked) and XJ6 Diversion (1/2 fairing) and the XJ6 Diversion "F" (Full fairing AKA FZ6R). Have you checked on the internet for 2009-2011 Yamaha XJ6 mods? I have searched for some stuff and there seems to be alot more avaliable in Europe for the XJ6 than in North America for the FZ6R.

Last edited:

NoDoze

I've searched and found a few things here and there for the xj6 (f or diversion) but not a lot. Probably because the people who head third party companies feel the same way as the Roaring Toyz owner Robert Fisher views the FZ6R users.

"Being an entry-level motorcycle, I don't think the consumer of that particular bike is going to spend $15,000 or $20,000 customizing it. ... Eventually they're going to want to move into a larger class of motorcycle."

He saw the FZ6R was popular among women searching for a way to lower it.
Hence the lowering link and the kick stand.

This taken from an article in SportbikeClub.com presented by 2Wheel Tuner. Read the whole article here. This was when Robert Fisher was given the challenge to pimp out an FZ6R. The mods they made are all available to us FZ6R owners.

Maybe as time goes by, with more people buying FZ6R there will be more demand for mods for us (crossing fingers) and third party manufacturers will change their view of the motorcycle.

CDN6R

NoDoze:: Thanks for the above post and info. However I do find it funny that by todays standards some people find the FZ6R a "starter" bike. To me a starter bike would be a CBR 125R or a Ninja 250. Back in the day in 1985 this was a new "hot" 600 that really started what we now have as a racing class. If you check the specs you will see how it compares to our "starter" bike. My how times have changed. I had one of these bikes new in 1985 and it worked good,but not as godd as my 1986 GSXR 750.:D Kawasaki GPZ600R Ninja

Last edited:

cavcuz05

nice find but i dont think 600+ is worth it...ill wait this bike is slowly becoming popular and im sure with time more stuff will be available...FZ6 stuff was late on the market aswell..

NoDoze

Great find Spider2k! But WOW! That's expensive - $646!!!!

Yeah, it's just a matter of time before we get more aftermarket stuff. I don't see myself upgrading to a new bike anytime soon. My FZ6R has a lot of miles to go before I give her up for another 600cc.

PWJ

I have not done research on this and have not seen one in person but the fz8 appears to have the same set up like ours with foot pegs and the front look identical while the rear are just straight metal. I wonder if you could put the fz8 rear pegs on the fz6r up front and back because they look and probably work better.

cavcuz05

I have not done research on this and have not seen one in person but the fz8 appears to have the same set up like ours with foot pegs and the front look identical while the rear are just straight metal. I wonder if you could put the fz8 rear pegs on the fz6r up front and back because they look and probably work better.
i have a good friend at a dealer and they have like 4 FZ8s in the show room...i wonder if he could use on just for a second to see if it will work but looking at the pics doesnt look like the bolts would match

Last edited:

PWJ

I Only meant the actual peg you rest your foot on. The fz8 rear peg is metal without the rubber and using that peg all around on the fz6r.