FZ6R opinions from anyone..

DefyInertia

You can mess up yourself and the bike pretty bad on a used 125cc just as well as you can on a R1 .
False.

you can do 180 on an R1

you can loop an R1

an R1 is heavier

Brakes will be much more touchy and prone to locking

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Learning how to ride a slow bike fast will pay dividends for llife :thumbup:

Raptor700

Highway 17 and 35 from Santa Cruz to Saratoga to Half Moon Bay and all points in between. I live in the Southbay (sunvale)

D

dankatz

Try rt 9...beautiful ride!
Agree with above points and older smaller displacement bike is the way to go. A ninja 500 he could keep for a year and then sell for the same price. It is more forgiving and has plenty of power to leave cars behind. Also, consider a used naked SV650 - less stuff to fix when it falls and a blast to ride.

P

pengellyb

I saw the FZ6r at the local bike show and was impressed at first,then I started to look closer and realized that, the Frame looks cheap and the swing arm looks cheap, I was, those things are small items I guess but I just want something that looks like it can talk the talk and walk the walk and will last a few years, the FZ6 I feel looks way more durable, just get the FZ6 and be done with it!!!!! LOL!!!:thumbup::rockon::rolleyes:

Raptor700

What happened to it? I am starting to realize that it is more fun to trail ride my raptor than it is to ride my fz6r. Hey-I noticed you are from Redlands- my father has a house in Yucca Valley. That is where I spend most of my riding time when down south. We have traced (google earth) an offroad trail from Yucca Valley 30 miles up to Big Bear. We are trying to get some friends and family to trek to Big Bear from my fathers house this spring or early summer. Hopefully someone with a Rhino can come along to bring extra fuel incase any quad runs dry!

X

xj750_Pete

I agree with the others that suggest a used motorcycle to start out with. If its an old motorcycle with some miles on it, your friend could learn how to fix it and gain motorcycle maintenance skills. Also, should your friend drop it (hopefully this wont happen) they won't feel so bad. I remember when I had my old beat up carbed Maxim, there was always something to fix. Now with the FZ6, I'm pretty confident that I could tackle most maintenance/repair jobs on it, and also really really appreciate modern advances in motorcycle technology like fuel injection and on board diagnostics.

fuzzylogic

What happened to it? I am starting to realize that it is more fun to trail ride my raptor than it is to ride my fz6r. Hey-I noticed you are from Redlands- my father has a house in Yucca Valley. That is where I spend most of my riding time when down south. We have traced (google earth) an offroad trail from Yucca Valley 30 miles up to Big Bear. We are trying to get some friends and family to trek to Big Bear from my fathers house this spring or early summer. Hopefully someone with a Rhino can come along to bring extra fuel incase any quad runs dry!
unfortunately i had to sell it and my wife's ex250. with the economy the way it is we just didn't have the extra money for more toys.

NewBlue47

Fz6R not comfortable

I love the bike's porfomance. But I get a little ache in the middle of my lower back and my WRIST/HANDS kill me. I dont know if handle bars to low - feel like it or raise seat. My feat a flat on the ground now. 2" higher might be scaryer. Any ideas? Hate to get rid of bike becuase like I said the performance is perfect for me. But, I can only ride about 1 1/2 and it's break time. and seat is hard would u not say

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

NewBlue47

Is that some kind of lock on the Ignition? and did that rear shock come red already?
Thanks!!
Mike

post #22

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Support yourself with your legs/core more. You should not be resting your weight on your hands/wrists.

NewBlue47

my owners guide said you can move handle bars - misleading, does not make them higher and cables not long enough to streach. Gloves good idea for next try. I tried bicylcle padded gloves but my hands were like a 1" away from brake/cluch

Pinarello Rider

Those Corbins are PRICEY! That's close to $500 after tax and shipping. Yikes.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

mdgreene2001

I love my sedeci x16 gloves they are very comfortable and liftetime warranty. Im 6'2" and I have seat raised. looking at getting some adjustable valter motor 3.5 rear sets and apex clipons next to make the bike more comfortable for me.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited: