FZ6R Idle Speed

A1A

My new FZ6R is idling at 1500 rpm. Which is half way between 1000 rpm and 2000 rpm on the tach. When the engine is at normal operating temperature. I know the manual states the idle should be 1250 rpm to 1350 rpm. I'm going to get this adjusted during my 600 mile service.
Just wondering if anybody else has the high idling on there new FZ6R.

JonKerr

Elite Member
W

whatever

easy fix..... on the left side of the tank there is a phillps screw about half way..... you don't have to raise the tank.... just use a long phillps screwdriver and turn counter clockwise if you want it to go down a.

good to learn where things are and fix them yourself when you can.

you will see the screw head between the bottom side of the tank and above the black plastic cover piece.

A1A

Thanks for the info and I will check for the idle screw tomorrow.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

A1A

easy fix..... on the left side of the tank there is a phillps screw about half way..... you don't have to raise the tank.... just use a long phillps screwdriver and turn counter clockwise if you want it to go down a.

good to learn where things are and fix them yourself when you can.

you will see the screw head between the bottom side of the tank and above the black plastic cover piece.
I think I see the idle screw, is it the screw with the 3/4" inch long coil spring around it right?

Thanks again!

CtrlAltDl

Yep, that's it. 1500 is not that far off either, but it's also easy to adjust.

A1A

I thought that was it, so adjusted idle to about 1350 now and like it a lot better. I barely turned the adjuster to get the idle speed down.

Thanks to everyone responding to my post.

nksmfamjp

Not really Yamaha experience, but if you are using the bike's tach, that probably isn't accurate enough to judge idle speed. Just my experience from working on Honda bikes and cars.

JonKerr

Elite Member