FZ6R - How to install NO Cut Frame Sliders

Jay S.

I already had the threadlock, but I guess I well have to buy the torque wrench. Probably for the best anyhow.
Thanks.
In my very humble opinion...if you are going to do your own mods/work (on any bike, not just the FZ) a torque wrench is mandatory.

;)

Maybe it's because I'm a jet mechanic and we use TW's for everything. Can't be having parts come off at 30K feet. It's the mechanic-geek in me I guess.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

furiousgeorge

Hey guys quick question about the torque wrench, how tight do the engine bolts need to be tightened to? A torque wrench is to measure how tight something is in NM?

mashuga

anyone with the newer TREX sliders please let me know if this is normal for the hole on the bracket to look like its been double drilled?

I just received my t-rex kit and I'm on the fence about the quality.

they also did not include any installation instructions which is not helping the cause. let me know if you think this may be an issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw80964iehdrgr5/slider.jpg

or if you still have a copy of the instructions and wouldn't mind sending them my way.

fighter13

I bought a pair of frame sliders and their design is a little different; anyone know which bolt goes with what slider. The package came with zero instructions. Also, which the one slider has a bit of a lip, which side does that go on?

BOB88R

Which one is of better quality - Shogun or T-Rex frame sliders? I'm leaning on the T-Rex from what I read in this forum.

cruelsunshine

Got my SHOGUN frame sliders today and printed out your "How-To" to take out to the garage with me tomorrow. Thanks

arocholl

Yamaha Technical Manual says 39 Ft. Lbs. of torque on the bolts. You really should be using a torque wrench also as these are steel bolts being screwed into aluminum.

-Uncle Al