FZ6R exhaust decisions

rosie247

Hi guys, recently purchased a 2012 fz6r, as you all know the origional exhausts are pretty hideous, but the only options I can really find for aftermarket exhausts are the two brothers racing and a M4 exhaust, the problem is I live in australia and the bike is a lams model (learner and restricted) and I really dont want something crazy loud, and youtube videos are next to useless, so im kinda in a pickle. All the pipes just seem like there gunna be too loud for the road, and I dont want to waste my money on a pipe thats just gunna draw attention to myself.
Any help would be great!

abyss1406

Both of those exhaust have an optional silencer you can purchase and its cuts out 8-10 decibles.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

i swear i am the only person on the planet that likes the quiet sound of the FZ6R. sounds like a mini jet. Not quite as cool as the street triple but close. my neighbors love it too, i had one come up and say, i love your bike, its so quiet :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

rosie247

Thanks for the info guys, I did read the oem exhaust mods bit, but im my ears modifying the origional exhaust just makes it sound like an even more hollower 15liter drum haha! Nothing beats the nice deep glass packed muffler sound. I have thought about taking the oem mods to the next level, by accually cutting the entire muffler box apart and removing the baffles and chambers. Have done this to other bikes, but there is usually no glass packed style parts inside, as this would break down in time and need servicing inside origional exhausts, but that then also brings me back to my origional problem of sounding like a hollow 15liter drum :/

rosie247

But also if the pipes listed above have half decent db killers, then I guess thatll be all right, its not like im gunna be flogging it around town making noise and bringing attention to myself, but a quick little rev down a backroad and out of harms way is allways gunna be on the cards ;)

VRIIClubby

hey bud. I'm running the 2bros around atm and it is bloody loud! (stuid loud without the db killer)

The exhaust comes with a suppressor but you need to buy another one that is quieter, a lot of people say it sounds better with the bigger silencer in, I haven't really run mine to much with the big dbk killer installed, I did a 1400km round trip to Sydney with exhaust and the stock db killer in it and it was ok on the hwy, around the suburbs in the mornings it was still loud! But everyone also knew I was coming so wasn't taken out.

sorry for the long winded post mate, without the db killers I would say I get noticed at roundabouts etc long before I get there, before the exhaust I was nearly getting taken out every day to and from work because cagers didn't know I was there! the louder the better! I just wear ear plugs now!

SurfJunkie

Do the stock exhaust mod.

Steps to success:
1. Remove fairings
2. Remove header/exhaust and bolts holding it.
3. Bring the whole damn thing to the nearest welding/fabrication shop that does good work or that you trust.
4. Remove the shiny metal accent piece from the tip.
5. Hack that little 1" stock outlet off real close to the exhaust body and have them weld on a 3" tip.
6. Hit it with some high temp black paint.
7. Let it try, re-install, enjoy.

Its loud enough to set off car alarms and be heard on the freeway and should cost you a whopping 10-20 bucks.

stevet

I like the bikes quiet stock sound too. Noise just annoys others and also lets the cops know where you are when in the higher revs.

adamo3957

...before the exhaust I was nearly getting taken out every day to and from work because cagers didn't know I was there!...
This here, I'm sorry, if people are almost taking you out on a daily basis that just means your a crap rider...

Your movements in a lane, your positioning, your gear all have effects on how easy you are to see, if you think for a minute that your exhaust does anything more than piss people in cars off (yeah people in cars, cagers is a moronic term because guess what, when you take the car are you a cager?) then your kidding yourself...

I want a deeper note from the exhaust on mine but that's for me, not some delusion of being heard before seen (That would be a nightmare if the cops knew I was coming...)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

danieljardim

i swear i am the only person on the planet that likes the quiet sound of the FZ6R. sounds like a mini jet. Not quite as cool as the street triple but close. my neighbors love it too, i had one come up and say, i love your bike, its so quiet :)
You're wrong. I had a TB on my bike and switched back to stock before trading it in for the diavel, I rode from work to dealer and I realized how nice and smooth the factory exhaust sounds. I personally like the factory sound over TB. But the looks are awful.

But I think I was the only one the LIKED the factory rear fender.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member