FZ6R exhaust, airbox and cool air induction free mods

Roaddawg

What are the downfalls of poking a hole in your exhaust? Do you lose HP? Do you lose MPG? Does it pop on deacceleration? Some people have told me to absolutely NOT do that, then I see a lot of people on here do it with no complaints. What have people personally experienced with poking holes in their exhaust other than a louder sound? Cause that's what I'm looking for in an exhaust. But I don't wanna ruin my exhaust and end up having to buy my Two brothers just because I ruined my OEM exhaust by poking holes in it.
I did the 5 min exhaust mod quite a while back and it's great! I have over 31,000 miles and have had no negative issues with it. Runs great, same MPG (except it sounds better, so I tend to rev higher, thus a little less MPG's :D). I wouldn't say it makes the exhaust very much louder, but it gives it a deeper rumble that sounds SO much better than the stock. Totally worth doing and you can't even tell I did anything to it...looks completely stock.

When doing the mod, it feels a little barbaric, hammering into the exhaust and all....but trust me, it's worth it. I can afford to buy a new exhaust, but I don't want to spend that kind of money when I think the bike sounds perfect (for me) now with that mod.

Fizzi6ergal

What about just changing the air filter to a K&N? I know it might sound stupid, but does that change anything? Engine wise, I'm still as stock as it came out of the crate.

Lilbikeilike

That's what I thought. I'm still going to do the air box mod. I can't afford a new exhaust.
Uninstall the air box to drill or cut the bottom. By this occasion, push up all the electric stuff and attach it to have a greater cool air induction like shown in the vid i put the link at start of this thread. Good work.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Lilbikeilike

Hey mon ami! I don't ever remember having anything like this guy to block the hole. I remove most of the junk there with the block off plates long time ago.
Oui mon gars, pas croyable. I have a 2012 and i hade the same thing as this guy. Small detail, but also amazing. Question for you, where can i see your air box?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bruno

Does the rubber rug between the airbox and the engine have anything to do with the airflow? I ended up taking it off last time disassembled the airbox...