FZ6R Down

dannymac702

[URL="http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12827315

Watch the video and take a close look at the exhaust system. He was one of us. Condolences to family and friends. RIP

TigerGenetics

Wow that's sad. You always hate to see that sort of thing happen. I am happy they caught the woman. Condolences to his friends and family.

jotapeh

yeah if you watch the video you can see that it is a fz6r, it also shows a helmet laying in the road, one of those skull cap helmets... i know it gets crazy hot in vegas but i wonder if it would have made any difference if it was a full face?...

either way...that sucks
Yes, I also wonder if a full face would have helped. He also appears to have had sneakers on (was laying next to the helmet,) I'm guessing the heat was so intense that he opted to wear very little protective gear. :(

Every time I see this I am very much saddened and reminded sharply how important it is to be careful and gear up all the time.

_serge

this wouldn't happen if dumb b#tch in her piece of sh#t car would pay attention. I'm glad they caught her, hope she would get some prison time for taking kid's life

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

I am fully for a law that says in effect, If violating the vehicle code causes a death of the motorcyclist, there is a mandatory 5 year prison sentence. Add another 5 years to a hit and run.

Not only do the motorcyclists need to be vigilant but the cagers must also. No matter how careful we are, unless the cagers at least pay some attention, we don't really have much of a chance.

If the price is steep enough for the cagers, possibly these type of situations may be avoided.

Probably an uninsured motorist with no job or house involved in this one. The poor parents must be out of their minds right now. So sad....

ME_with_a_B

Oye. It makes my stomach sick to see a bike exactly like mine lying in pieces in the road. What a sad story. And how horrible that the cager didn't even stick around to at least admit fault and try to help however possible. :mad:

rjsantana20

Condolences to the kid's family. Is there any way to cross check any 19 year old members with white FZ6r on this forum? I know it a long shot and I dont know why to do it. I dont know it is just a sad situation.

bmw675

Metro says with traffic accidents like this, everyone wants to blame the motorcyclist, but it's actually their fault only 10-percent of the time.

Detectives say motorcyclists are among the safest on the road because they know in a battle versus a vehicle, they'll lose. That's why they're extra cautious.
im glad they pointed this out. its unfortunate the majority of the population does not agree with us, and tries to pin every accident on us.

My condolences to the family, Rest in peace young rider. You will always be part of the FZ6R family. It definitely was an FZ6R by the paint scheme on the fairings and exhaust. We really don't know each other here but we are brothers by the bikes we ride. Ride safe and wear all your gear guys and gals. And please wear a full face helmet even if you hate them.

MikeN02

This strikes me really close to heart as I'm the same age as him...

Really sad to see that his life just started yet it ended already.

ry-mac75

"failed to yield to the motorcyclist who was traveling southbound on Lamb."

I see this all the time - no one yields to a bike... unless the person in the car is another motorcyclist.

Please remember - right of way means EFF ALL on two wheels.

I often equate riding a motorcycle in traffic to carrying two beers through a crowd... Just because you're being super careful and courteous, making sure that you don't get bumped... doesn't mean some jackhole won't come barreling through the crowd and dump the beers on to you and keep going like it's your fault.

Be safe.

Spunky99

so a failure to yield means that she crossed the street in front of him, he swerved to avoid her and still crashed into the rear quarter panel of the SUV?

That means he got stopped, spun, hit the SUV with his body and flopped onto he ground like a rag doll.

If the driver had stopped and rendered aid, maybe he would have lived...or forgiven the driver for killing him before he died....lots left unsaid and unresolved...

I didn't get whether there was a witness or not.

toddjcruz

I grim reminder that as riders, we have to be the ones to pay attention on the road 100% of the time. I'm usually VERY good about situations where this can happen, but every now and then I find myself going through an intersection and realizing after the fact that I didnt check the cross traffic to make sure that the cars approaching the stop-light actually were going to stop! It's then I remember that I need to stay focused, always. It takes two people to cause and accident (even if only one is a fault) and I just cross my fingers that the times I lose focus and forget the cover my ass, that someone isnt dropping the ball on their end at the same time!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
I always give myself more room on my bike then in my car but as far as maintaining speed through green lights I do the same for bike and car. Kind of hard to slow down for a green light when you have a cager knockin on your rear tire at 55 MPH. I have had 2 close calls so far and lucky for me I seen it with enough time to react and avoid the situation. As spunky stated earlier if the driver would have stopped and provided assistance to the young rider he might still be alive today.

scoobienorth

I am fully for a law that says in effect, If violating the vehicle code causes a death of the motorcyclist, there is a mandatory 5 year prison sentence. Add another 5 years to a hit and run.

Not only do the motorcyclists need to be vigilant but the cagers must also. No matter how careful we are, unless the cagers at least pay some attention, we don't really have much of a chance.

If the price is steep enough for the cagers, possibly these type of situations may be avoided.

Probably an uninsured motorist with no job or house involved in this one. The poor parents must be out of their minds right now. So sad....
i admire your spirit for the law but unfortunately i dont think it would make a difference, cagers always have the mentality that crashes happen to everyone else not them, so what ever law wont make a difference, hit and runs should be an extra 5-10 years though. I personally think to get your car license they should have to ride a bike for a period of time.

toddjcruz

No reason to not stop. Totally unacceptable. Accidents happen all the time in this world, but to leave the scene, that just should never happen ever.

I don't slow down going throug intersections, I keep the flow, but when I pass through, you can tell from the speed of cross traffic if they 'see' the light and have time to stop. If I dont see the car reducing speed at a pace that would indicate that they can make the stop as a normal car would, then I'm on alert.

People think that cars just run us down because they don't care. I've never been upset at a driver that cut me off because they didnt see me. I'd be pissed if they saw me and still pushed me out of the way! I cycle as well and it's just a fact of nature and the way our brains work, that people don't see what they are not used to. It's why young drivers get into more accidents than older more experienced drivers. It's not that they don't see the car or possess the abilit to drive, its that their brains don't process the image as fast and have the instincts that we do. It's leared. It takes time. The problem with motorcycles and bikes is that there are not that many of us. The average driver doesnt see us very often in places where they see cars all the time. It takes YEARS, many YEARS, to learn the same visual recognition they have with cars, simply because of lack of exposure.

You might have the best hand-eye coordination in the world, but if I hand you a bat and had you swing at a pitch just once, then told you to come back next week for just one more pitch, it would take you a long time to be able to 'see the pitch' and intantly understand where it's going to be so you could hit it. Sure, spend an entire week, 4-6 hours a day, you would be good quickly. But cars only get exposed to us in limited amounts, cyclist even less and worse, they don't ride with traffic, they ride other places that cars are not used to looked at all.

Its why we have to ride in ways that keep us safe, put out bikes in places on the freeways that cars can see better, not riding in blind spots or at best, not even riding next to someone if you can. I've only been down twice in my life, both my own fault (not paying attention and riding a back tire till it popped because I was broke back then).

Life on a bike, it is a dangerous world for us, thats for sure.

Last edited: