FZ6R Beam too High

Chip

Hi. I am a first time rider and recently purchased the FZ6R. I have only rode it around my house for the first week. I finally drove it to College on Sunday and had to come back home when it was dark. I noticed that the road immediately in front of you isn't lighted. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Also, I have DDM Tuning 35w 6000k lights on my car, and they are a big help. Is it the same for our bikes too? I have seen one or two threads about it, but it doesn't look like a lot of people here are getting HIDs..

A last comment is that this bike is very fast! :) I learned to ride from the Basic Rider Course on a 150cc suzuki.

Another question I had was about how should I adjust the mirrors? Right now, I can see a little bit out of the right mirror and can only see my arm and shoulder in the left mirror. I don't think the mirror will move any further, or maybe I am doing it wrong..?

Also wanted to ask about my gloves. I got the Joe Rocket gloves, and after riding more than a few miles, my palms begin to hurt a lot. Should I keep a looser grip on the handlebars or try something else?

Bigevildoer

Well first off, how big are you?
If you're over 200lbs, I would first suggest you increase the rear shock pre-load before doing anything else. It could be that your weight is causing the rear end to drop, therefore the front comes up, raising the light. I've noticed my light comes way up when I'm riding double, so that's hopefully your first problem.

As for the mirrors, again it depends on your size. I've moved my mirrors around so that I barely clip my elbows on the inside edges. To see directly behind me I've got to tuck my elbows in - don't think you'll be able to get any better than that...

And your gloves - is there a seam that's rubbing on your palms? If not, I would think you've got too much weight forward on your arms - try sliding your butt a little farther forward on your seat... and, you don't want a death-grip on your bars...

Later!.

Later!

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
First, :welcome:

Second, +1 to what they said already. If you are having pain in your palms, it may be that the gloves are new and just need some time to get broken in and loosen up a little bit. That is the trouble I am having right now with my new leather gloves. With each ride they get a little bit softer and there is a little less discomfort in my hands.

I have my mirrors adjusted so that when I am in the saddle and in a riding position, I can just barely see the edges of my elbows. Granted, I am a skinny guy, but this is a good rule of thumb. That way you have the maximum view behind you before you have to move your arms in to see more. But ALWAYS do head check. That can't be stressed enough.

cbzdel

My HID does not lighten right in front of the bike.. probably about the nearest 5-10'.. but I dont pay any attention to right there anyway..

I probably should adjust it but I like where the cut off line is.. I can tell its adjust wrong though because when I hit the high beam I cant see anything haha! Meaning my low beam is set somewhere between where the low and high beams should be...

as for pain, you been riding long??? until your body gets used to it there is some pain at first (for some people) also I learned that a loser grip makes my hands hurt alot less..