FZ6R autoblog review

GoGreen09

can I just point out that the featured color is BLUE!!!:rockon:

Read the whole review and I was quite impressed. Glad to find out it is a steel frame and not aluminum. Yes steel is heavier which gives the bike more weight but it is also stronger in case of a fall. I wasn't to happy about the engine buzzing at 75 MPH in 6th gear @ 7,000 RPM. I guess just stay in 5th gear at about 9,000 to 11,000 RPM and it will be fine. This review made me even more happy about my purchase of the FZ6R as a beginner bike. Thanks for the link.

spacemonkey

well duh why would the use break black, wind down white or tardy yellow? its all about the uber fast blazing blue baby! :Flip:

GoGreen09

I've been testing this 7K RPM buzzing... I've only experienced it during my breakin period. I went on the freeway a couple of times and I did feel it on the footpegs more than the handlebars. Now, I don't even feel it!

MNDZA

They used blue because it's so common and easy to find....flame suit on :D.

spacemonkey

well the reason its easy to find and so common is because it has +1/2 hp for being in blue. thus being the faster model who wouldnt want it? plus its been proven that the color blue is more aerodynamic... :Flash:

Roaddawg

It seams that the more people look into this bike, the more they accept it for what it is, a good, all around, everyday bike. And, they stop complaining and comparing it to super sports and other higher powered bikes. You don't see "Car and Driver" comparing the GT mustang to the Diablo. Like the article states, its a good commuter, city bike, and weekend twisty bike. Perfect for me.

tractorboy

Whats all this about testing blue and black.....Most tests are with yellow...

Hmmm.. Again most are tested with YEllow as its a LIGHTER color and therefore has less "color Particles" and thus its LIGHTER and allows the bike to go faster !! DUH...... hehehehe

All serious though..alot of the review do stress its a good ALL around bike....yamaha has the r6 if you want to be ALL SPORT.......good work Yamaha.....:thumbup:

cbzdel

I've been testing this 7K RPM buzzing... I've only experienced it during my breakin period. I went on the freeway a couple of times and I did feel it on the footpegs more than the handlebars. Now, I don't even feel it!
x2, so either I am used to it or it went away

V

vdbergj1

Thanx for the link - gr8 photos as well :thumbup:

Again most are tested with YEllow as its a LIGHTER color and therefore has less "color Particles" and thus its LIGHTER and allows the bike to go faster !!
...so THAT is why they had to add that big heavy sticker - to stay true to the published weight... ;)

Truly, all of them looks gr8! :thumbup: but the silent, mysterious, gracious BLACK is my bold winner :p
:bow: Raven has been revered as a spiritual figure or god... :bow:

fz6rwolf

Good article. I don't feel the mysterious buzzing either though.:confused:

O

Ozfazer6

Speaking of colours,lol.

There was an article in the local paper some months ago about the safest colour on the road,turns out it was yellow !

What they couldn't figure out was A:is it safer because it is easier to see or B:Because no one actually buys yellow so there are not that many on the road to crash in the first place :D

Just thought I would mention that ,lol

W

wolfc70

Speaking of colours,lol.

There was an article in the local paper some months ago about the safest colour on the road,turns out it was yellow !

What they couldn't figure out was A:is it safer because it is easier to see or B:Because no one actually buys yellow so there are not that many on the road to crash in the first place :D

Just thought I would mention that ,lol
:rof:

As for the buzz, I never really noticed it. Does the "r" have rubber mounted foot pegs? I only had a slight buzz in the handle bars at the upper end of the rev range. It was most noticeable around 13,000 rpm. Some Grip Puppies fixed that. Other than that the Fz6 motor is pretty smooth in day to day riding.

V

vdbergj1

A:is it safer because it is easier to see
I knew the yellow thing. I can't remember where but in a safety survey years ago, they recon that yellow is the color humans can see the furthest.

I like the yellow FZ6R but my wife don't. I don't like the star though, I would have liked to do the the racing design Yamaha use sometimes - the black blocks on white with the yellow.

MNDZA

I knew the yellow thing. I can't remember where but in a safety survey years ago, they recon that yellow is the color humans can see the furthest.

I like the yellow FZ6R but my wife don't. I don't like the star though, I would have liked to do the the racing design Yamaha use sometimes - the black blocks on white with the yellow.
I liked the yellow a lot, but I liked the black more......I bought a yellow helmet though!

Ooter

I'm jealous of you guys who don't get the vibrations. I get very significant vibrations in the 6k rpm range, just like the reviewer got in the test bike.

Reviewer is right though - a quick downshift solves the problem.