Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

RoadTrip

I went from a 600GSXR to 750GSXR this Spring, you really had to wind up the 600 to get the most from it, whereas the 750 feels like it has a reserve of power. I am finding that tire life and gas mileage are about the same, but insurance does cost a bit more.

Nearly everyone calls the 750 the perfect streetbike in terms of handling and power, I am starting to see why. The back wheel seems just as behaved as the 600 so I am real happy with that (vs a liter). I also considered the 675R, but ultimately stuck with what I knew - my 600 had zero issues in the 17K miles I owned it, that kept me with Suzuki.

Finally, yeah, it took me awhile to get used to the new SS ergos when I went from the FZ6R to 600GSXR, but now I don't have any issues at all, I can ride these bikes all day without any significant pain.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

mtheartist

Great info! Thanks. I only see one issue with it and that's touring with any decent amount of stuff.

I find it strange that I'm not much taller than you and I felt the r6 taller than all of the SS's. Based on your comment above, stick with the Ninja 1000 or the FZ1. Just look at how sick Rabbitman's white FZ1 looks. And btw Marthy will hook u up with a nice exhaust set-up. I do love my 636, but I resent not having the credit to pick up a GSXR-750. Although I do like my headlights better than 6r looking light and flush front turn signals that come stock. At the end of the day, it all comes down to comfort and taste. Good luck!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

mtheartist

the newer 750's also have a selector switch for power.... Similar to my A-C switch on my Busa... which is also a gixxer :)

Seems like all new bikes come with that. My 636 has 3 traction control settings and 2 power settings. Only thing I don't have is ABS. But I don't really mind not having that. Most guys prefer to feel their brakes anyway.

RoadTrip

Great info! Thanks. I only see one issue with it and that's touring with any decent amount of stuff.

I have tank bags and tail bags, and even the strap on saddlebags - but, if you tour a lot, then the 'blaze saddlebag system' from twistedthrottle.com looks to be a good choice for a stable and quick release system.
phpHoYWvG_1.jpg

Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System Suzuki GSX-R600 & GSX-R750 '11-'13, GSX-R1000 '09-'13 - GSXR750 '11-'13 - Suzuki - Shop by Bike - TwistedThrottle.com

I typically try and ride with no bags at all for my day trips, I like laying on a clean tank in tucks and corners, and the tail bag seems to clutter up the look of the bike. But, I have to have these bags in cooler weather to shed liners as the day warms up.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member