Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

As requested, here is a small update:

I have gathered quite a few parts. I have rebuilt most of the front end fairing area. I got a new stay, and was able to get another headlight on the cheap. I am redoing my retrofit, and it should be complete soon. Right now that is all that I have pictures of.

I got the side covers for the radiator, and a few other pieces. I still have a ways to go, and some of the most expensive parts are coming up next. Hope to be able to get most of this work done before the end of the year. That is the reason why I started the retrofits, to help with the costs to get it done faster.

On to the pics!
I wish my headlights were a little more open like these are... LOL.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bloodypulp

Chad, how much noticeable power diff between 6r and fz1. I really like the look of ur bike and was thinking of moving up to one in the next year or so. Any thoughts on what u noticed off the bat would be appreciated. :bow:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

bloodypulp

The power band on the FZ1 is very smooth. It has a lot more torque than the 6R, and it is lighter, so you can maneuver slowly easier if you ask me. The ergos are pretty much the same, but because it is a bigger bike, it just feels more comfortable to me than the 6R. The FZ1 is very forgiving in the low RPM range, but when you get above 7k, you better be holding on, because you will be in triple digits in no time if you aren't being careful. The nice thing about it is that it has plenty of power, but it is above about 7K RPM. Vibes are also about the same as the FZ6R, so nothing new there. Honestly, reminds me of an FZ6R when riding, but has all the power that you need in an instant. I love cruising with the FZ1 much better, because in 6th, you can cruise at 60 mph around 3500RPM. It isn't working hard like the 6R would be. My suggestion would be to sit on one and compare, there are tons of similar choices, but I love the FZ1, everyone that I know that has one, agrees with me.
Sounds good thanks. I was looking at them when I got my 6r but decided to start slow. Now that I've been riding a while, just thinking about something with more top end and I really like the look of this bike. Thinking prob next spring but will go with raven. Just like that blacked out look on bikes. White is great too my f-150 is all bright white and wouldn't have that any other way. Thanks again and lookin good!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie