FZ1 mirrors

MrGti

I saw a FZ1 at the bike shop a while ago and thought the mirrors might work on the FR6R. I ordered some of the 06 and up mirrors off ebay for 35 each shipped. YAMAHA FZ1 06 07 08 LEFT MIRRORS BLACK NEW : eBay Motors (item 130375407630 end time Apr-16-10 08:24:16 PDT) I ordered them tuesday and got them thrusday. They dont look as good as the R6S mirrors but better then the stock mirrors. The visibility is better then the stock mirrors. If stock mirrors are 10/10 for visibility these are 11/10. You see less of you arms in the mirrors. I only got to ride with the new mirrors a little tonight. Will post more thoughs on the mirrors after more riding time. Here is some picks of the mirrors. First pic is with the stock mirrors the rest with FZ1 mirrors.

MikeN02

Those look wider than the stock mirrors. Not really a different in height. I think that's what throws people off from the stock mirrors as they're really high up.

flyingminno

They have a different look to them, but personally I would be fine with either as i will compromise style for good visibility. I do like them a bit though it went from rabbit-ears to antlers. :rolleyes:

JonKerr

Elite Member

MrGti

I just though i would try some thing different. Still think the R6S mirrors look good. Still looking for the perfect mirror.

flyingminno

I just though i would try some thing different. Still think the R6S mirrors look good. Still looking for the perfect mirror.
I'm with you on trying something different; if I stumble off better mirrors, than great, if not than I'm still happy because it's still the perfect bike for what it is meant to do.

Last edited:

pyrocpu

MrGTi--question... is the base/footprint of the FZ1 mirror the exactly the same as our FZ6Rs?

Because if so... I wonder if some of the Rizoma mirrors/adapters would work, including their block off plates...

MrGti

The bolt spacing is the same. The footprint is different. Post up the link to the block off plates. They still might work.

Roaddawg

Haven't seen these tried yet. They are quite wide looking. But, I appreciate you trying something totally new, Mr Gti. Thanks. And, I'll be waiting to see when you find the perfect mirrors.

pyrocpu

I went back to Rizoma Motorcycle Accessories to check out the FZ1 applications... I don't think it will work though. Under "Universal Products," I think the European FZ1 is a pure naked bike--the mirrors are completely different than the FZ1 that we have here in the States with that upper fairing...

I think...

The bolt spacing is the same. The footprint is different. Post up the link to the block off plates. They still might work.