FZ-09 (MT-09) Review Thread

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

xJoshuaDrakex

I really like the fz9 but why is this bike cheaper than the fz8? Is it because they want to turn people onto a new and bigger bike with a cheaper price. I think the fz9 is 8 grand and the fz8 is 9 grand.

sammy56

I really like the fz9 but why is this bike cheaper than the fz8? Is it because they want to turn people onto a new and bigger bike with a cheaper price. I think the fz9 is 8 grand and the fz8 is 9 grand.
One less cylinder...perhaps less expensive to produce.....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

06330i

It's a cool concept, but overall the bike looks unfinished. It would be cool though if yamaha made a supersport with this motor in it. Maybe something to compete with the ducati 848 evo

Fizzer6R

maybe we should have a forum trip to FL, just for the heck of it aka test ride someone's new bike ;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Hellgate

Why are Mfg's so anxious to rid machines of throttle cables? I don't like ride by wire, there always seems to be a delay, then way too much throttle response (e.g. G35). The latest MV Agustas are criticized for the same issue. Maybe its just poor engineering and not an inherent issue, but this system seems to have failed again with the FZ-09.
Just update the flash. Besides, the author was riding a pre-production bike. Don't judge it until it is in the showrooms.

Same with the G37. I have a 2010 G37 sedan, just ask the dealer to update the ECU. It addresses fueling, timing and most importantly transmission shift points, free of charge.

With all of the cool electronic packages; traction control, launch control, wheelie control, integrated ABS, I'll take ride by wire any day.

To say that Yamaha has "failed again" is a gross over statement.

Maadi

Just saw one at the dealership today. Couldn't decide if I liked the look or hated it.. It was the black one with blue wheels, and the color combo at least looks very nice (Marthy) :) It looks very compact. Nice without the huge fairings. So I guess that means I liked it?

Fizzer6R

guy on fz1 forum in cali picked one up; nice to see they are finally making it here and on the streets