FZ-09 (MT-09) Review Thread

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Why are Mfg's so anxious to rid machines of throttle cables? I don't like ride by wire, there always seems to be a delay, then way too much throttle response (e.g. G35). The latest MV Agustas are criticized for the same issue. Maybe its just poor engineering and not an inherent issue, but this system seems to have failed again with the FZ-09.

latony007

street triple

at least its better looking, doesn't have those bug eyes of the street triple. But Im silly, I just think if your going to ride a sport bike it should look like one with fairings and a shield.

Rotaryknight

I like the front more than the street triple but the seat...really hate it with the dirt bike look and even looking at it, it just seems too high.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

Not that I am updating my ride anytime soon, but I just can't help but want the Triumph Tiger 800......and/or perhaps the Ducati Hyperstrada. Have not test rode either, but did sit on the Duc when I bought some accessories the other week!
Tiger 800 seems so right in so many ways......
FZ09 is however a much more economical choice between them!

LB

JonKerr

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

hope they sell a ton and flood the market, better chances of me picking up a used one in 1-2 years, can't wait

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited: