Funny now

jchan3529

Took my first outing in which I stopped and went in somewhere. Had some lunch came back out and fumbled my keys and down into the fairing they went. Spent about 10 min. fishing them out and trying not to panic.

Started her up and backing up out of parking space, keep in mind someone is waiting to get my spot. Put it in gear and she died, put in neutral, start, in gear die, rinse and repeat about 10 times. I took a deep breath and thought about it, looked down and noticed the kick stand was still down, and the light bulb went off.

JSP

Super Moderator
:D We have all been there :thumbup: You get used to the little routines that need to be done. Keep up the good work! :cool:

Funkmaxtor

I couldn't get mine to start one time because of the stand being down. Then when I tried to leave I backed out of the spot and didn't have the clutch in all the way when I dropped it into gear at of course I stalled. It happens to everyone at some point. If someone tells you they never did anything like that then they are lying.

YamahaChick

First day I got mine, I rode her all the way home from the dealership with no incident.

I go to my friend's house to show it off and I end up dropping the bike in her driveway. :mad: :eek:

Seems funny now, wasn't at the time :rant: lol

Shit happens but we learn from it :cool:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Tabitha

I did something similar. I was attempting my first hill stop after my MSF class. Every single time I'd try to take off my bike would stall. :mad: I was getting soo irked and there was a growing line of traffic behind me. After about 3 mins. of starting and stalling, (which seemed like a life time in the moment) I realized I was in 3rd gear. :eek: I haven't forgotten to down-shift to 1st before I stop since.

Oh yeah, and I'm a pro at hill stops now! :thumbup:

toekneedee

Back in the days when street bikes still had kick starters, somehow my pantleg had draped over it while riding. All was fine until I went to stop at a stop light (busy of course). Went to put my foot down and there was nothing but air cuz my pant leg was hung up on the kick start lever. Little embarrassing to be laying in the road, but must have been fun to watch. Never picked a bike up so quick before or after!