Fuel range

luke1088

I get 250km to a tank on my XJ6N. Iv run out of fuel once at 272k's. F-trip comes on at about 220kms, and iv calculate iv got 50kms on reserve. But i fill up at 250kms, incase I've been riding hard this time round. When i ran out of fuel i was quite please when i realised my predicted range was only off by 2kms on the give side. But still stupid to let it run out, i was having a pretty shit day when it happened.

The farthest I got on a full tank was 186, this was 38 miles after the F-Trip light comes on. When I refueled, it took just under 4.20 gallons to refill. Got me 44 miles a gallon. I commute 70 miles round trip, at an average speed of 80 mph. Using a 17t front sprocket to correct the speedometer and get better fuel mileage. Maybe if I drop 20 lbs, I'd get even better mileage (currently 204lbs, standing at 6').

-1/+2..power commander, sport map, M4 street slayer on R6 header, and do a regular 80 mile round trip at 80mph and it’s thirsty afterwards. Conservatively I can get 100. I am a bigger guy though, 275 at 6’.

mjv21

-1/+2..power commander, sport map, M4 street slayer on R6 header, and do a regular 80 mile round trip at 80mph and it’s thirsty afterwards. Conservatively I can get 100. I am a bigger guy though, 275 at 6’.
Almost same setup as you and 6'5" 200lbs. Same range too. Thank you for making me feel better about mine haha. I thought I was the only one

Xanaeau

I consistently have reserve come in between 200 - 210 km and have never taken it past 220. It always felt a little low to me.... stock except for cat delete exhaust (delkevic) and de-restricted throttle body... usual riding is up to 8000 rpm commutes with gear changes around 6k

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fabes_movin

Hi all,
just wondering if anybody can give me an estimate on what your fuel range is on a tank? I know it is hard to say for sure as riding style will make a huge difference, but I tried to find any indication on the fuel consumption, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
To empty. 187miles on a full tank all highway going 90-130mph. 120 miles in stop and go city driving on a full tank. She likes to be at 8 or 9k rpm on highway