Fuel Gauge Incorrect

Hey guys and gals,

Got an issue with my fuel gauge.
First: I fill it up, but it never shows full bars
Second: riding in a straight line at same speed, fuel gauge fluctuates (4 bars, down to 2 bars, up to 3, down to 2, etc...)
Third: Gauge starts flashing... Uh oh, time to get gas... Only took 2 gallons and the pump stops. I look in the tank, looks full.

Any ideas?

CDN6R

First of all,,is the bike still under warranty? If so please take it to your local dealer. I for one have not heard any issues such as this with the fuel tank ,,,,any one else??????

First of all,,is the bike still under warranty? If so please take it to your local dealer. I for one have not heard any issues such as this with the fuel tank ,,,,any one else??????
Yes, it's still under warranty, only had it since 31Dec10, and it only has 280 miles on it. I was just checking to see if it would be something easy to fix instead of losing it to the dealer for a month.

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah, thats a bit funky... I would take it back in for sure. Possibly the fuel sensor or something gone haywire.

CDN6R

Yes, it's still under warranty, only had it since 31Dec10, and it only has 280 miles on it. I was just checking to see if it would be something easy to fix instead of losing it to the dealer for a month.
A whole flippin month?!!!! Can't they do a quick electrical check, order parts if needed and let you ride?

CDN6R

Well in that case,, I would check out another dealer (in TX) and see what they have to say about your issue.