Front wheel lift on corner exit

jcbrown630

Anyone else experienced this?

The devil on my shoulder beat the angel on my other shoulder down while i was out riding the other day. I was in the groove and hit the curves on the backroad out by my house and I was really cooking. Hit a nice left sweeper that switched back to the right and i was carrying about 10k rpms'. I set the bike into the corner and leaned in, and almost immediately I pinned the throttle for the exit and the front wheel just barely picked up off the pavement and the bike drove right out of the corner like a dream! This bike is so confidence inspiring yet performs very well. I can see why they call it a beginner bike, but in the right hands this bike would destroy a squid on a GIXXER or R6 any day.:D:D

Spunky99

WOW!

I'm speachless:)

Funkmaxtor

I have had this happen a few times. We call that, "a frame twister" for the obvious reasons. The problem here is when this happens when you are still deep in the corner. Then you are trying to ride a wheelie through a corner. Take care coming out of a corner. Something to keep in mind is the fact that yes this bike is a little low on power for that kind of riding, however if/when you upgrade to a bigger (more HP) bike you will NOT be able to just pin the throttle coming out of a curve. So why develop a bad habit now that you will need to break later. Learn throttle control now in order to save your life later.

Happy riding.

jcbrown630

I have had this happen a few times. We call that, "a frame twister" for the obvious reasons. The problem here is when this happens when you are still deep in the corner. Then you are trying to ride a wheelie through a corner. Take care coming out of a corner. Something to keep in mind is the fact that yes this bike is a little low on power for that kind of riding, however if/when you upgrade to a bigger (more HP) bike you will NOT be able to just pin the throttle coming out of a curve. So why develop a bad habit now that you will need to break later. Learn throttle control now in order to save your life later.

Happy riding.
Oh I believe that goes without saying that you wouldn't do that on a litre class bike or anything with that much more power. BUT since you can get away with it and the power is tractable on the fizzer on the occasion that i'm in a position to exploit that power on a corner exit why not?

Spunky99

Anyone else experienced this?

The devil on my shoulder beat the angel on my other shoulder down while i was out riding the other day. I was in the groove and hit the curves on the backroad out by my house and I was really cooking. Hit a nice left sweeper that switched back to the right and i was carrying about 10k rpms'. I set the bike into the corner and leaned in, and almost immediately I pinned the throttle for the exit and the front wheel just barely picked up off the pavement and the bike drove right out of the corner like a dream! This bike is so confidence inspiring yet performs very well. I can see why they call it a beginner bike, but in the right hands this bike would destroy a squid on a GIXXER or R6 any day.:D:D
And you did this on the confidence inspiring stock tires?

jcbrown630

And you did this on the confidence inspiring stock tires?
Mine came with roadsmarts... they're pretty good.

@spunky - How big a diff did those racetech springs make? Thought about going with the emulators? Did you change your forkoil wt. too?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

15 wt oil in the forks...preload set to 20mm..stiff as hell.

No corner entry dive, flat and level in the corner without any pogo movement and with the Metzler Sportec M5 tires, the grip is awesome.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

with it that stiff, do you think you'll need to add a steering damper at some point?
Only if I ride at over 125mph does the front get a little touchy but then I'm usually going straight so it doesn't matter.

MC#4

i haven't ridden my 6r that hard very much yet, but I remember one time on the R1, I was in a tight corner in 2nd gear and opened it up way to quick, the front end came off the ground about a full foot while i was still in a hard lean. That scared the shit outta me.

That's really pretty cool that these bikes have the power to do that.