front suspension upgrade

Brugge

do the hyperpro front springs . you will be happy
Thinking about this up grade too.Did anyone here do the Hyperpro install themselves? If so how hard was it?

EDIT: Oh a quick search shows me that Stuna did this himself. From what I read it looks like you did not even remove them from the bike and just opened the top. Is that correct?

Did you get to replacing the rear shock over the winter?

Cheers!
Kevin

Last edited:

travstoll

Thinking about this up grade too.Did anyone here do the Hyperpro install themselves? If so how hard was it?

EDIT: Oh a quick search shows me that Stuna did this himself. From what I read it looks like you did not even remove them from the bike and just opened the top. Is that correct?

Did you get to replacing the rear shock over the winter?

Cheers!
Kevin
We need a write up on the hyper pro install. I am doing it sometime later this year.

Superfly

yeah i'd like to see a write up too...and comments like where to buy and how the ride is...I searched for these springs and couldnt find ones for an FZ6R:confused:

stuna

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

travstoll

Not sure what the maintenance interval on springs is, but I'd say, like tires, brake pads, etc. an upgrade does not "void the warranty".
Your not cutting anything, just changing the springs, and as an added bonus, upgrading them.

Of course, dealers/manufacturers can pull some pretty tricky stuff, so if your not sure (or don't want the risk), ask for it in writing. Personally, I subscribe to what I wrote above and wouldn't think twice about it (as I do not use the factory recommended oil filter, but an "upgraded one").
There was another thread about the oil, and it doesn't have to be factory to retain warranty. I will call my dealer right quick and double check on these things though.

JSP

Super Moderator
Did any of you install these yourselves??? Mine will be here next Friday and am concerned how easy/pain in my ass, they are to install. I will be doing front and back. Front fork oil will also be changed.

vitrox

front forks are easy, just loosen cap on top, take forks off bike, remove cap, turn upside down and everything falls out. only thing in there is a spacer and the spring.

JSP

Super Moderator
How do I support the front if I am removing the forks? We dont have a center stand so I can weigh the back end to get the front off the ground. I also dont have a front stand (which doesnt seem like it would work anyway right?).

Seems like this whole thing is going to be a pain in my ass. I will most likely just have the shop do it when they have my wheels off to put my tires on. :(