Front signals

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RyanChristenson

Maybe I missed something cause when I ran the wires there was an slit at the about 1/4 inch wide and about 3 inch long. That was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

if those provide any cooling at all i would be surprised. they do have an opening but not only is it small but the air would probably be just hitting the gas tank if i remember right. But might be fun to stuff a rag in there and see if the temp goes up.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

photoman002

Finally finished my bike's lighting today! (Chicago weather and a non heated garage)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tho9504

I just purchased some led strips that I wanted to put on the scoop and use it as turn signals since my flush mounts are not that visible from the front. I wasn't able to find any wiring info, maybe someone can help me identify the wire color codes? The wires on the bike have 3 wires. The led strip has only 2 wires. which ones do I wire them to? I found this on the FZ6 forum. looks similar my FZ6R wiring colors. Should I just splice the chocolate wire and black wire for the 2 led strip wires?

Left Signal Wire Harness
+ Blue / Running
+ Chocolate / Flasher
- Black / Ground

Right Signal Wire Harness
+ Blue & Red Stripe / Running
+ Green / Flasher
- Black / Ground

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tho9504

Thanks Scott.... When you wired your, did you had to drill any holes inside the scoop for the led wires to pass through or was it routed some other way?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Ales Misura

Since there are so many different mod posts I thought I'd start a new one rather than search. So I put on flushies in the front but would like some more visibility for turn signals in the front. I thought about adding to the fake air intakes but also maybe put in new mirrors with the signals integrated. Looking for some thoughts from people who have done either of these additions and maybe which one would be better and easier to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just work on this, the only thing I have to slve now is, how to fix them there.

Attachments

Ales Misura

Solved

https://youtu.be/_n6CWDokgtk

So at the end I bought Oxford Turn Signals 7. These are "glued" with clear silicone, cable goes to back and then directly to front signals. To have proper blinking interval, use resistors. Incl. In the package. Signal is deeper in air intake, but has way to move.
What do you think about it?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Chris12

https://youtu.be/_n6CWDokgtk

So at the end I bought Oxford Turn Signals 7. These are "glued" with clear silicone, cable goes to back and then directly to front signals. To have proper blinking interval, use resistors. Incl. In the package. Signal is deeper in air intake, but has way to move.
What do you think about it?
Oxford signal 7

Can you post some closer up pictures/video of how you mounted these in the air scoops?