Front signals

latony007

I did the same thing. Bought the flat ones first. I might put them somewhere on the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did that same thing too, check out the picture. about the only place they can go on back. they mostly provide the cool glow effect pointing downward, you can see them from the back at angles but right behind you the plate blocks them. I also put amber ones for signals back there which you really cant see at all until you turn them on.

Attachments

photoman002

Just got a few minutes to test my lights for the turn signal in the air duct. I really wanted them to be on all the time and blinking when the turn signal is on. Got that taken care of but they don't blink at the same rate. Check the link and you can see

http://youtu.be/vFwP-ZQyt4U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

I'm pretty sure mine are out of sync as well. Honestly I think it makes them more noticeable. One on each side is always lit at any one instant.
I cant see youtube at work but I assume he is talking about them blinking faster because he switched to LED? That's corrected by a resistor for $20. or just not blinking at the same rate as the flushmounts? in which case i am with Scott its more noticeable. if you put the led strips as running and blinking without getting a blinker genie keep in mind that if you install LED in the back everything will be messed up cause I did that exact same thing.

photoman002

I have the rear led intergrated light with sequential signals set up and have protons on front. I had to put the flash relay/resistor in to keep the rear blinking correctly. So I have that all set up safe and sound. When I added the air vent lights, all three lights blink, just that the proton and the new air vent lights blink at different times, but if on for an extended time, the flashes catch up to each other, are perfectly in sync and then stray away from being synced again. It's not a big issue because I do want people to see me.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

I have the rear led intergrated light with sequential signals set up and have protons on front. I had to put the flash relay/resistor in to keep the rear blinking correctly. So I have that all set up safe and sound. When I added the air vent lights, all three lights blink, just that the proton and the new air vent lights blink at different times, but if on for an extended time, the flashes catch up to each other, are perfectly in sync and then stray away from being synced again. It's not a big issue because I do want people to see me.

ahh, then i dont think you can do anything except try and change out the strips but no guarantee others are going to blink at the same rate as the protons. Id leave it.

photoman002

Yeah my flushies are day time running and so will the LED strips. I have them wired into the same connector to the turn signal. For the amount of turning I do in traffic, I shouldn't be worrying this much over it. I just didn't know if anyone else made their air vent LED's be Day time running and indicator lights. I did it for 2 reasons- 1) to be more visible at stoplights and stop signs and 2) if police try to pull me over saying it's accent lighting, I may be able to put up a fight saying they are turn signals :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RyanChristenson

I have the motodynamic flushies which came with a relay so now both front and back flash at the same rate. If I hook up my air intake lights after the relay they should still flash at the same rate right. I don't plan on making them running lights.

photoman002

Let me know how it turns out. My guess is that the flushies and the Led's in the intake require different amperage or voltage to get them to go on so that causes the slight timing issue. I wish I knew more about electricity

latony007

Yeah my flushies are day time running and so will the LED strips. I have them wired into the same connector to the turn signal. For the amount of turning I do in traffic, I shouldn't be worrying this much over it. I just didn't know if anyone else made their air vent LED's be Day time running and indicator lights. I did it for 2 reasons- 1) to be more visible at stoplights and stop signs and 2) if police try to pull me over saying it's accent lighting, I may be able to put up a fight saying they are turn signals :)

i tried it, I just thought it was too much. I think id like to put the flush back to running lights and leave the strips alone but I don't want to bust into that wiring again lol. The wires on all the aftermarket stuff are so small and crappy its a pain.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

I'd leave the LED strips as non-runnning. IMO I think it is more apparent when they come on. Mine are very bright at night and since my flushies are running lights the alternating flashing of those and the scoops is very visible. Mine are bright white, but I am probably gonna change them to amber. Guess I'll see if they hassle me when I go for inspection. I didn't have HID with blue halo when I went either. Not supposed to be a problem here in PA as all colors are allowed as long as not flashing. If it makes the bike more visible it's allowed. Now if they only allowed lane splitting. LOL
I thought your turn signals had to be amber. At least here in CA, and I do think its odd that we are the only of 50 states that allows lane splitting, apparently its legal in most of Europe. I really don't like doing it cause we have so many people who don't pay attention on the freeways here. I do it on the street all the time when pulling up to a light and there is a pile of cars but it has to be going really slow for me to do it on the freeway.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RyanChristenson

The correct led strips finally came in. Now I can put the bike back together and then sit on it and look at the snow and ice on the ground.

Last edited:

MightyRoach51

I put Proton signals up front they are super bright with 3 setting [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H987b4lxNrE]FZ6R Proton Flush Mounts - YouTube[/ame]