front bake lock up

Deanohh

No test ride. No action on defective brakes that caused a crash. This dealer is crooked and you should file a complaint right away with a consumer protection authority or get legal advise or go to a tv news reporter. Tell the finance co what's going on and your insurance co. The posts on this forum are trying to help you but you have to help yourself too. You are going to have to get aggressive with this unless you are content with waiting forever for nothing to happen while you pay off your loan with no bike.

If it was me, for starters, I would spend all my spare time in front of their driveway (just off their property) with a sign saying that they sell lemons and tell every customer your story and drive away every customer that shows up.

Spunky99

Well...they found a seized front master cylinder and did the cheapest possible corrective action and that was to flush the hydraulic system which of course didn't work.
They need to replace the bike and let Yamaha deal with this.

KamiKaziCalm

Ya I understand why they tried that and I agree that they need to replace it. Its is supposed to be in the 60s or better for the next week and I want to be riding my bike. On monday morning I will call them and see where there at and if its not we have your new bike for you, then I guess I will just do what everyone else has told me to do in the first place and get a lawyer then they will wish they had settled this up quicker. Thanks again for all yalls advice.

shocker35

fantastic, I would ask for a gift card for some free mods and service for my pain and suffering and waiting. Im sure its cheaper for a new bike, mods and some free services than to get lawyers involved, since they are basicall admitting fault with the new bike.

KamiKaziCalm

Well I have had the bike for a week now and have only put 300 miles on it cuz of work but haven't had any problems so I'm happy now. They only offered a tank protector and frame sliders but I didnt really I just glad its settled and I have a bike again.

Detrich

awesome! ride safely, and post some pictures! :)

Bikegirl88

did they give you new gear?

cocopt

Quick question

What year was the FZ6R that had the front brake lock up? My younger brother had the similar thing happen to his 2009 model.