From a 250 ninja to a FZ6R!

Kason23

I just picked up my new 2009 FZ6R Yesterday. And I can say without a doubt it beats my 250 ninja in EVERY aspect! Im a taller guy 6"2" and 170lbs. So I looked a little out of place on my 03 ninja. But it did teach me how to ride without a doubt. Anyways here are some pics of my new ride! Im looking for a new windscreen and maybe a exhaust to make it a little louder. But so far I LOVE IT! :D

New Ride

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Kason23

Well thats my old ladys lol. I actually drive a 05 Srt-4 with around 450whp. But kinda got out of the car modding scene as I got older. And now am in the process of parting it out.

But thanks This bike is really comfy for a guy like myself!

WenMark

Congratulations on the new ride. Much more fun than a 250 thats for sure. You will find the powerband in the 7k to the 10k alot of fun after the break in period. Hope to see you on here. Welcome again to the family here and ride safe. :)

new2bikes

Hey, congrats, i just bought a blue one last month, just put 114 miles on it, 35 today,im a newbie, never rode before this bike. Looking to do mods later but first learn and hopefully meet folks to ride. I live in north atlanta

Kason23

Hey, congrats, i just bought a blue one last month, just put 114 miles on it, 35 today,im a newbie, never rode before this bike. Looking to do mods later but first learn and hopefully meet folks to ride. I live in north atlanta
I live about 30 minutes from Kennesaw. LMK If you ever wanna ride one evening. I usually hang out with my dad who got a 650 V star the same day. also a couple of R6's and a Gixxer. We are always down to ride. Im just stoked that I can keep up now :thumbup:

rjsantana20

I just picked up my new 2009 FZ6R Yesterday. And I can say without a doubt it beats my 250 ninja in EVERY aspect! Im a taller guy 6"2" and 170lbs. So I looked a little out of place on my 03 ninja. But it did teach me how to ride without a doubt. Anyways here are some pics of my new ride! Im looking for a new windscreen and maybe a exhaust to make it a little louder. But so far I LOVE IT! :D

New Ride

Congrats on the purchase. You will enjoy it very much especially from a 250.

Too bad you chose yellow, LOL! Just kidding... Welcome to the site. There is a lot of info here. :welcome:

Last edited:

rjsantana20

Now you on the other hand chose a very nice color! :) :welcome:

Kason23

Hey now I love the yellow. I do however plan for the decals to be removed a little later. I didn't want blue because my buddies gsx-r is that color and my other buddies r6 is black. I didn't feel the need to look alike really lol.

Spunky99

Hey now I love the yellow. I do however plan for the decals to be removed a little later. I didn't want blue because my buddies gsx-r is that color and my other buddies r6 is black. I didn't feel the need to look alike really lol.
Leave the decals in place..They add 5hp and 10mph to the top end. You got the yellow one...it is the fastest color....;)

Detrich

Congrats! And, welcome... :)

Yellow (6R) and the Orange (R6) are my two favorite colors... I couldn't find a used yellow at the time I was shopping. But, Blue is turning out to be quite nice- esp when it comes to matching gear.

I think with Yellow you'd prolly go with Black riding gear?

pyrocpu

Well done, and welcome!

Kason23

Welp... Sorry guys I went bigger I enjoyed my 6R alot but felt like I needed something more. so i payed my difference and traded my 6R in and got a new 600 gixxer.

Welcome, nice jump from a 250 to this awesome bike. This is my first bike, other than the 8 hours I spent on the Ninja 250 in the MSF course.

nashvillenobody

Congrats on the bike..
and if you ask me.. you couldn't have picked a better color...

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Kason23

No way. This Gsx-r is fast enough for me. Now I love the R6 also and almost got a brand new 08 model they had for 7900 instead but the financing on the suzuki was just to good to pass up really.

Also better pics

Last edited: