Freeze-out

Blackcat

What temps were you riding in, Detrich? Probably considerably cooler than the temps ridden in by the satisfied users here--yes?

Detrich

I'm in Southern California. During winter here it's prolly what, 65 or 68• on a cold day maybe... That means it's about mid to high 50's in the canyons? That's really not that cold. Even with my perforated leather suit on my body never feels cold. Only my hands. And the freeze out liners didn't work at all.

I wonder if they make thin, reflective heat gloves... Those would be warm I think since they reflect ur own body heat to create warmth.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Blackcat

As a user with the dubious name of "BlackCat", I REALLY hope I didn't jinx you JT! :eek:

Detrich

What I might try this year is first toss the glove liners in the dryer for 15 min b4 I go riding and see if the residual heat will retain better underneath my Knox Handroids. I just need a little more warmth so I can manage the controls better without feeling like my hands are going numb.

Blackcat

Detrich's idea of using his clothes dryer reminded me of those hand warmer packets. "Grabber Hand Warmers" on Amazon

Has anyone tried using them on the back of your hand inside your gloves?

Attachments

D

Deleted member 9794

Detrich's idea of using his clothes dryer reminded me of those hand warmer packets. "Grabber Hand Warmers" on Amazon

Has anyone tried using them on the back of your hand inside your gloves?
I tried those last year and basically, they wouldn't fit. With regular gloves, they are usually stretchy enough to finagle the thing in there; but with full gauntlet leather gloves its a pain and I just ended up with a balled up piece a paper in an awkward tight spot.

Duke

Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I just bought some of the freeze out equipment myself (long johns, socks, and neck wrap). I tested them last night at about 45 degrees wearing nothing but my regular work gear, dress pants, tennis shoes, t-shirt, polo, and I added my work fleece jacket along with my joe rocket jacket and leather gloves.

I rode for approx 20-30 minutes and had absolutely no issue... the only problem I had was about a 4 inch patch on my shins where the air resistant patches don't overlap. But overall, I'd have to say they did their job very well. I would have ridden today, but the forecast predicted rain and I'm not ready for that yet. (I've only put 600 miles on my 6r being my first bike)

Blackcat

Duke
You rode in 45 degree weather with leather gloves but no liner?!!!!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Duke

Sorry, the joe rocket came with a liner, I haven't had it long enough to need to take it out since it's been pretty cool. But as far as overlap they do overlap, but the actual wind resistant patches do not. The microfiber or whatever you call it does but not the actual wind resistant pieces. Other than that they're awesome.