Free 5 minute exhaust mod

JSP

Super Moderator
So I have read every thread I can Find on this Exhaust Mod....I will most likely buy a real exhaust but until I have the Money I was thinking about trying to enlarge the inner hole.

At this Point I am looking for sound!!!

My Questions are how many People have done this and has anyone had any issues....What size hole have most People used or have you just opened this up to the full Diameter of the Pipe. and Last will this affect emissions inspection of the Bike.

Bottom line should I save my money for a while longer and try this Mod !!

Thanks Everyone for all the Great Info!!!

Did you read THIS thread??? Answers most of your questions. And since when has emissions ever been checked on bikes?

Roaddawg

Did you read THIS thread??? Answers most of your questions. And since when has emissions ever been checked on bikes?
^^^I'm with this guy^^^

I did it a little while back and I'm still happy with it. Haven't noticed anything different with it.

JimmyC

5 Min Exhaust Mod....

^^^I'm with this guy^^^

I did it a little while back and I'm still happy with it. Haven't noticed anything different with it.

Thanks Guys...I did read these threads...So I ended up doing the mod...It does sound better I used a 3/8" extension (big side) to make the hole so about 1/2" Diameter in the pipe.

I am still thinking about opening the hole larger, it is lower but I would like to see if I can get a little more out of it.

I think I am going to try to open it up as close to the outer pipe as possible

Thx

ctgottapee

altering the muffler should [edit] NOT affect emissions
muffler does what its name says, muffle sound

Last edited:

daddyrack

Premium Member

Roaddawg

i'm curious, i just looked inside the tailpipe and saw that there was already a hole there. now is there not supposed to be one at all? :confused:
Stock, there should NOT be a hole. The stock pipe curves down right after it goes into the can. Looks like someone already punch the hole through it for you.

daddyrack

Premium Member

Roaddawg

With this exhaust mod affect passing the inspection?
I couldn't tell you for sure since we don't have bike inspections. This mod is only really putting a hole through a single piece of pipe that has nothing in between it where it bends into the can from the outside. No catalytic converter, no baffles... It would be really hard for someone to tell that you did something to the exhaust. Mine looks completely stock. The sound is deeper, but really not much louder, so it wouldn't really be noticeably that something was done.

However, all this said, I take NO responsibility for your actions. :D

LS6TT

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I just finished this.

I didn't go larger than a nickel size with a pipe. I used a flat head, turned it in the hole as the metal isn't that thick, then used an socket extension, then a small pipe.

Way more throaty at start up and under acceleration, zero noticeable perormance issue, besides all you're doing is diverting some exhaust gas into the box.

I recommend for the guys looking for sound until they feel comfortable dropping 500+ on exhaust.
I'll post the video ASAP.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Supahtim

So to bring this back again, does anybody ride in not so favourable weather and have any rust forming or any rattling from this mod?

ylwf3vr

And also does this affect the air/fuel mixture since you might be messing with the back pressure? (Read somewhere while I was searching but can't find it now)

Olliecaf

Hey guys. Just be reading this. And what is the reason behind using a flat head rather than a Phillips head screwdriver?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member