Frame sliders

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
V

vinpub

T-Rex racing. I like them a lot. I have them on all my bikes and they have been very faithful every time I needed them.

Hmmm.... Those pictures look familiar. Where have I seen them before? ;)
Rob, I reposted them cause when you posted them they did not show up for me. I got mines and tried to put them on but the factory bolts are torqued to specs and I can't break them loose. I have to get an allen wrench adapter for a drive socket to break them loose. I'm back in VA now so they will have to wait to go on my bike.

Comiha22

Did we ever come to a consensus on the torque specs for the fairings and engine mounts? I saw 20/30/50, all 40, and 'tighten until you can't anymore'.

I just got my Intuitive Racing No-Cuts, and I'm a bit of a 'by the book' type. That said, if anyone has access to the service manual and could put out the official specs for the 3 bolts we need to remove (and fairings, if applicable), I would greatly appreciate it.

r0bot

The torque spec was listed in the Service Manual thread on page two (pasted below) as 39 or 40ft-lb

http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6r-technical/16279-fz6r-service-manual-got-2.html#post205925

Its listed in the book twice, once as 39ft-lbs and 40ft-lbs, not that it makes a difference either way haha!! But its the same for all the bolts you remove...

(I just installed my siders and one of my sider bolts was missing and I got my WERKES FE kit and the license plate light is missing! Its BS I get shorted twice on the same day!)

Did we ever come to a consensus on the torque specs for the fairings and engine mounts? I saw 20/30/50, all 40, and 'tighten until you can't anymore'.

I just got my Intuitive Racing No-Cuts, and I'm a bit of a 'by the book' type. That said, if anyone has access to the service manual and could put out the official specs for the 3 bolts we need to remove (and fairings, if applicable), I would greatly appreciate it.
Go with 39

C

Crystal

Got my no cut sliders today...gonna try to install this weekend.

cbzdel

A breaker bar was required for me as well, I got my kit, went and bought a good set of allen keys and nothing.. Went back and bought a set of allen keys with socket attachments and it was easy (with the breaker bar) :thumbup:

A breaker bar was required for me as well, I got my kit, went and bought a good set of allen keys and nothing.. Went back and bought a set of allen keys with socket attachments and it was easy (with the breaker bar) :thumbup:
How much was the breaker bar and allen socket attachments?

spacemonkey

haha i just used a allen key with a spark plug socket as a handle grip worked for the right side but the left was a little tougher since it had less room for my hand to grip. anyway i installed the shogun no-cut fz6 sliders on my G/F bike. she has a fz6R and got them on but the left side i cant put one bolt back on the fairing and it seems to be on pretty good. The right side i have all the bolts back on just had to bend the fairing on both sides. im probably gonna convince her to buy something that will fit a little better when we find out what that would be. anyone try anything other than the no cut for the fz6r???

spacemonkey

How much was the breaker bar and allen socket attachments?
sorry for the double post,

you could just use a metal pipe like a sprinkler line or a metal riser, just look around your local friendly ace hardware :D. shouldnt cost more than 10 bucks, allen keys if you go to an ace they usually carry them individually, the bolt for the frame slider is an 8mm costs about a buck...

Yone

I just installed some Intuitive Racing Sliders...it was a breeze and they look fantastic. I'm just a little curious though...I noticed that the slider bolts I was replacing the factory bolts with didn't go as far into the frame, by like 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Is this okay??!! I don't want the something flying apart because the bolts weren't long enough....

Any peace of mind would help :eek:

JSP

Super Moderator

Sara'sFZ6R

yes i had to modify the bolt on the clutch side because the stock allen bolts stuck out to far making the fairing bend. i used a flat head 10mm 1.5p hex bolt instead. i do not have any pics yet but will put some up when i do. also another note, the clutch side base plate sits in front of the clutch housing and this makes me uncomfortable because of the potential to damage the housing. eventually i will get a larger base plate to replace it with.

overkill1106

led flush mounts

This is my first bike FZ6R in yellow, I have heard that R1 and R6 led turn signals work great on this bike is that true? What about the intergrated led tail light. Also where did you get your HID from. thxx

MikeN02

This is my first bike FZ6R in yellow, I have heard that R1 and R6 led turn signals work great on this bike is that true? What about the intergrated led tail light. Also where did you get your HID from. thxx
Wrong thread, this is about Frame Sliders.

Use the search button, these mods have been talked about countless times.

J.J.

I just picked up a set of intuitive no cut frame sliders from fatbikez for $96.10 shipped. Used MILITARY discount code as I'm retired military. Cannot wait to put these on!