frame sliders and usb charger

oorgle

just finished installing my usb charger on the FZ and snapped a couple pics. also took a couple pics of the T-Rex frame sliders i installed a few weeks ago.

the USB charger was incredibly easy to install. red is hot, black is negative. route the wires safely and mount the charger. piece of cake

the frame sliders were easy also but ugh, the lock tight Yamaha used on some of the bolts stayed in the threads and made it a bit of a pain to thread in to with the new bolts.

also, yes i know i have a lot of crap in my garage. gonna pay some friends with beer and food soon to help me clean it up

Attachments

JonKerr

Elite Member

oorgle

the car is a 1964 Bel Air station wagon. been sitting like that for about 14 years now. sank a good chunk of money into it and lost motivation to finish it, but not enough to get rid of it. have a 4th gen 7.4 ltr big block waiting to be built and I replaced/upgraded all the suspension and brakes. I figure its my old man car.. in like 20 years i will finally finish the job and cruise it around and dream about the old days.

the charger is a tapp lite charger from twisted throttle.
TAPP LITE USB Charger - 3BR.150.0034.01 : TwistedThrottle.com

1 complaint and 1 suggestion.

the complaint is that the port is very tight. i plugged my ipod charger into it and had to use a screw driver to pull it out. it needs to be broken in some or something.

If you happen to get one i suggest using 2 of the supplied zip ties to permanently clamp the charger mount to the bars. everything is tight on this thing so the sticky tape probably won't last long alone

Bikegirl88

I got my outlet from Princess Auto (Canada) for $5.99 - I would think ebay would have a selection as well. Works great for my iphone and gps.