Fork reflector removal: Was it difficult?

Superzoom

Yesterday I tried to remove my fork reflectors, and with a socket, the bolt really didn't want to move. I stopped trying after applying about 50 ft./lbs. of force. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

Were yours that tough to remove? Are those bolts secured with thread locker? Or maybe mine are just slightly frozen.

WeatherB

Are you trying to remove the reflector along with the mount?

You need to undo the two bolts that hold the front calipers to the fork. They're a bit tight, torque spec is 28ft/lbs

Chucker

You need to undo the two bolts that hold the front calipers to the fork. They're a bit tight, torque spec is 28ft/lbs
+1. My reflectors fell off when I removed the calipers. I put them back on though as I like the idea of increased visibility at night from the side.

Superzoom

Yes, trying to remove reflector and mount.

Thanks all for the advice. I'll give it another go.

latony007

I suggest you wait till after your trip. I assume your going to be doing some night riding and any extra visability is good.

latony007

the dark sucks, i put so many lights on my bike my newphew calls it the xmas tree. But id rather be an xmas tree that makes it home vs. a cool person in the hospital lol.

Attachments