Flushmount signals that stick out more

dekaliber

Googled and searched this forum a bit but it seems like all of the flushmount signals compromise serious visibility from the front (and most lack the 3rd wire for running lights).

Really wished "larger" flush mount signals existed with proper wiring. I ride with buddies with a Ninja 650R and ER-6N and the front signals look so much better than mine it's not even funny. (At least the rest of my bike looks better.)

The turbulent flow signals seem okay, but I wasn't able to find anything about fit. Anyone else here got them installed? Would love to see some pics.

linkgt

People here often go with the proton flush mounts. Those are supposed to be the best flush mounts for the fz6r and i think i might be getting them this week too.

or you can get these https://www.feniex.com/product.php?prod_id=242

They are meant to be used as police lights and whatnot but they work as signals too, you have to drill a small hole for the flange however. Here's the link where mike1000 recommended them.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/recommended-flush-turn-signals-21386/index3.html

Last edited:

linkgt

Googled and searched this forum a bit but it seems like all of the flushmount signals compromise serious visibility from the front (and most lack the 3rd wire for running lights).

Really wished "larger" flush mount signals existed with proper wiring. I ride with buddies with a Ninja 650R and ER-6N and the front signals look so much better than mine it's not even funny. (At least the rest of my bike looks better.)

The turbulent flow signals seem okay, but I wasn't able to find anything about fit. Anyone else here got them installed? Would love to see some pics.

A user said to have installed them on his fz6r just fine. Only the running light feature is not present since it's only two wires. However you can get Custom LED Magic Blinker Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/recommended-flush-turn-signals-21386/

on the first page, you can read 72racer installed the turbulent flow on his fz6r

Gwai lo 2.0

kevin8198

Elite Member

linkgt

I definitely recommend the turbulent flushmounts from ebay. I finished installing them today and they are super bright and quite possibly the brightest flushmounts i've seen in person for that matter.(after all they are regular incandescent bulbs). Only downside would be they require some drilling since it's a "universal fit" and are quite large for flushmounts. They were worth the $16.00 and if you're worried about safety being an issue with flushmounts, these should relieve any worries.

cobra94563

I definitely recommend the turbulent flushmounts from ebay. I finished installing them today and they are super bright and quite possibly the brightest flushmounts i've seen in person for that matter.(after all they are regular incandescent bulbs). Only downside would be they require some drilling since it's a "universal fit" and are quite large for flushmounts. They were worth the $16.00 and if you're worried about safety being an issue with flushmounts, these should relieve any worries.
I got these as well. Had them on for a month so far.
They stick out enough to help on being more visible and the running light (3 wire) is also nice.

xezty

I don't have flushmounts but I have highly visible turnsignals. I have a set of Rizoma zero 11 turn signals. I have a DMP electrical adapter so I it's all plug and play. I don't have them set up as running lights cause they affect my DMP integrated taillight somehow. When wired as running lights, the tailight's middle row of brakelights are the only brakelights that work which are only 4 LEDs which look ok, but I want more safety out of it. I could take more pics of how they look all lit up or you can youtube some videos of them. It was about $80 for the two turnsignals, $12 for the Yamaha frame adapters and $8 for the DMP adapters. I know it's a bit high priced for turn signals, but they look sleek and can be seen from the sides and rear as well.

Last edited:

cloudfire

Originally Posted by linkgt
I definitely recommend the turbulent flushmounts from ebay
Thanks linkgt, this was the info I was looking for. I was hoping to find something that was more than just a bulb sticking out the side but less than stock. Just wish drilling wasn't necessary.

@cobra94563 - are these the ones that you only used the tape on?

linkgt

I got these as well. Had them on for a month so far.
They stick out enough to help on being more visible and the running light (3 wire) is also nice.
Hmm lucky, i didnt see the three wire on ebay when i bought my pair.

Thanks linkgt, this was the info I was looking for. I was hoping to find something that was more than just a bulb sticking out the side but less than stock. Just wish drilling wasn't necessary.

The turbulent flow do bring a double sided tape and that may be an easier method of installation. I forgot to mention however that i would recommend using a better adhesive. I never tried the adhesive they bring since I drilled holes, but they seem cheap. Get some 3M adhesive or something of very good quality and you're good to go :thumbup: I'll post a pic up later today so you can see how they look.

One more thing, there is some soldering involved. http://www.customled.com/products/oem_connector/oem_connector.htm You will have to solder the Turbulent flow wires to the OEM connector. That way you have a cleaner install. If you get the 2 wire TF flushmounts, and the wire colors are Yellow and half black/white, Yellow goes to oem black, and half black/white go to oem black.

Last edited:

linkgt

What's covered up in the background there??? I am curious....
Oh that was my brothers old 07 ninja 250. He stopped caring for it after he got into an accident with it i think around late 07 or 08 i forgot exactly when. It's been outside since. Not sure if him or my dad are willing to get it running again, someday maybe. Now he has a cbr600rr which he got recently, at the time of pic it was next to fz6r.

cobra94563

They look the identical and are 3 wire. The set came with mounting tape as well as mounting screws. So i thought I'd try the tape first...

(Hey - I have raven too! I've seen the signals sold in black, carbon, chrome.)

Last edited:

linkgt

They look the identical and are 3 wire. The set came with mounting tape as well as mounting screws. So i thought I'd try the tape first...

(Hey - I have raven too! I've seen the signals sold in black, carbon, chrome.)
Yea, i wanted black but they weren't available at the time :/