Flipped the bike :*((

drben69

Hi All

Last night i flipped my my pride and joy

It landed on my so i tock most of the dammage....few bruises now haha

Anyways The like handle thing that wraps around the pillion seat i don't know the name is completely bent into my tail light...

Is this just a part or is it connected to the whole back tail??

Thanks Ben

Ps. Was riding along on the road hit some gravel lost it and went into a ditch.... I'm fine apart from a 30cm bruise on my ribs for those who want to know how...

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

Hi All

Last night i flipped my my pride and joy

It landed on my so i tock most of the dammage....few bruises now haha

Anyways The like handle thing that wraps around the pillion seat i don't know the name is completely bent into my tail light...

Is this just a part or is it connected to the whole back tail??

Thanks Ben

Ps. Was riding along on the road hit some gravel lost it and went into a ditch.... I'm fine apart from a 30cm bruise on my ribs for who ever want to know how...
Im glad your okay. Do you have any pics? was bike drivable still?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

motogp6r

sorry to hear that happened to you. gravel can be a real monster sometimes. the piece your referring to is the grab bar, the black piece in between the rear cowls and seat, yeah. its is totally replaceable. i assume it would cost under 60 bucks or so to buy new.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

drben69

I also lost a mirror and a few scratches on on the fairings

I have a bent the gear leaver It was a little bit of a mission to change gears but yes the bike works fine it's just got a few dent's in it

I just ordered a integrated tail light and fender eliminator i'm going to wait till those arrive before i put the bike in for repair...

it's just i called up my local wreckers and he said that part was connected to the whole duck tail??

MustGoFaster

Glad to hear yer relatively in one peice. Ya gravel's a sum bitch fer sure. I've almost ate it hard a few times turning on gravel.

motogp6r

I also lost a mirror and a few scratches on on the fairings

I have a bent the gear leaver It was a little bit of a mission to change gears but yes the bike works fine it's just got a few dent's in it

I just ordered a integrated tail light and fender eliminator i'm going to wait till those arrive before i put the bike in for repair...

it's just i called up my local wreckers and he said that part was connected to the whole duck tail??
still on the grab bar?well, whomever you spoke with lied or was not informed. i removed that piece last week to put my comp werkes fender eliminator on. thats the truth. "any +1's to this truth?" go outside remove your seat and look at the 6 screws connecting the piece to your tail.... situation controlled lol

Detrich

sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad to hear you're ok. don't feel bad. it happens to all of us and is part of the learning process.. did u step on the rear brake or were you turning too fast in the gravel? whenever you see dirt or gravel try to slow down b4 u contact it, if possible. and, once you're on it and can't really brake effectively, try your best to ride it out with minimal steering jerks or changes. that is- u can go fast across gravel and u wont fall. what makes u fall is if u try to brake or turn suddenly. heal up soon and hope u get the bike fixed.

CrazyCawi

sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad to hear you're ok. don't feel bad. it happens to all of us and is part of the learning process.. did u step on the rear brake or were you turning too fast in the gravel? whenever you see dirt or gravel try to slow down b4 u contact it, if possible. and, once you're on it and can't really brake effectively, try your best to ride it out with minimal steering jerks or changes. that is- u can go fast across gravel and u wont fall. what makes u fall is if u try to brake or turn suddenly. heal up soon and hope u get the bike fixed.
I always let up on the throttle....is this wrong?

drben69

still on the grab bar?well, whomever you spoke with lied or was not informed. i removed that piece last week to put my comp werkes fender eliminator on. thats the truth. "any +1's to this truth?" go outside remove your seat and look at the 6 screws connecting the piece to your tail.... situation controlled lol

Without a doubt man it looks like it is 6 screw's....i was just a little suppressed when he said it ahh well I'm just hoping to god theres no shazzy dammage..

in australia"New South whales" even the smallest dent in the shazzy the bike is a ride off... and can never be registered on our roads ever again!

FZ6R66

For all those trying to make sense of the Australian Lingo.

Shazzy = Chasis or Frame

Is that like a Snazzy Shazzy? LOL

Hope you are well. Keep the wheels down and your head upright.

Detrich

thanks for pointing that out CC... yah- gradually slowing down by releasing the throttle- if ur going in a straight line- is what i would do too.

i'm not expert either, but i think if already contacting gravel it's best to remain steady and not suddenly accelerate/ decelerate or suddenly throw the weight of the bike around then chances of falling are much less.

drben69

For all those trying to make sense of the Australian Lingo.

Shazzy = Chasis or Frame

Is that like a Snazzy Shazzy? LOL

Hope you are well. Keep the wheels down and your head upright.
haha Sorry forgot this is a international forum....

brb going to ride my kangaroo to work...haha

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Glad you faired out pretty well and were not hurt worse! Very sorry to hear about your bike, hope you get her fixed up and on the road ASAP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!