First Track Day

Bert-Aus

On Saturday was my first track day on my moto.

Man -it was F*#^!@!@$^%&^(* awesome fun

Mallala, SA

Have to say the XJ6 held up well, by no means quickest out there but fun as!

Taped up & Ready to roll

Still got room to move on those chickenstrips!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Looks like a fast track. Glad you had fun!

Out of curiosity, what do track days run price-wise down there?
Cheers!

At this track, a local club officials the day (I'm guessing it helps with the insurance stuff)
Either way it was Au$150 for the day.

Due to 4 different speed groups it worked out to be 6x 15 minute sessions for all throughout the day

Fizzer6R

the rates and track time you get are about the same in US

unless things have changed here, last time i went they made us tape over all the lights, couldn't leave the spaces like yours

nice to see you burnt some rubber :thumbup: funny to still see the new tire nubs alive and well

Bert-Aus

I am pretty sure most of that rubber is from picking up others from the track!

Both front & rear have less than 500km's on em, needless to say I haven't gone to hard on them yet!

Price wise -If I ever make it back over to the States I am def going to have to have a blast on a track day there too!

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I actually really like the idea of 15 min sessions. Sometimes 20 min sessions can seem a bit much on a 2.6 mile track in hot weather.
Cheers,

I agree longer than 15mins would be too much.
Only one of the sessions I felt "aww let me keep going...c'mon"(think in a Yosemite Sam voice)
Whilst the others my forearms & wrists were starting to ache or my head got a little fuzzy due to the heat & dehydration.

Time for some fitness cross training, me thinks

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Mitch21

That's awesome, I did a v8 race drive there last year and that was awesome and was keen to try it on my bike. When I was there the guys were saying the not so straight, straight between corners 3 & 5 is the 3rd fastest in Aus, and 5th corner is the slowest corner in Aus which makes it a fun track. Almost 200kph difference. Was awesome in the supercar not lifting off around corner 4. Keen to do a track day now.

Did you need full race leathers?

Bert-Aus

That's awesome, I did a v8 race drive there last year and that was awesome and was keen to try it on my bike. When I was there the guys were saying the not so straight, straight between corners 3 & 5 is the 3rd fastest in Aus, and 5th corner is the slowest corner in Aus which makes it a fun track. Almost 200kph difference. Was awesome in the supercar not lifting off around corner 4. Keen to do a track day now.

Did you need full race leathers?
It was quick through there, and I wasn't going anywhere as fast as most of the other guys there!

Leather's wise -they let you get away with kevlar pants once maybe twice.
My (almost) nephew was there (his second time) with me & my brother.
He was wearing kevlar lined jeans and a DryRider jacket and they let him ride but said at the end of the day next time he has to have leathers.

I only have 2 piece leathers myself.

Mitch21

It was quick through there, and I wasn't going anywhere as fast as most of the other guys there!

Leather's wise -they let you get away with kevlar pants once maybe twice.
My (almost) nephew was there (his second time) with me & my brother.
He was wearing kevlar lined jeans and a DryRider jacket and they let him ride but said at the end of the day next time he has to have leathers.

I only have 2 piece leathers myself.
Yeh I have leather jacket and kevlar jeans. But may look at some leather pants in the future.

JonKerr

Elite Member