First Time seller - Some Question

behindXgrnXeyes

Hey again!
So it has come down to the time to sell the bike, but as many of you know, sometimes there are other things to go with it.

I have the bike with some mods, now if i sell it as is, i will have some stock parts to sell on here, thats fine (and if I get too low of an offer and i sell stock, itll be the other way around)

but besides that i have boots, gloves, stands, bags, helmets, chain wax, all that good stuff..

Some of the stuff, like a jacket or boots, I will just give to the buyer (if its for a girl) but like the saddle bags, for example, do I sell with (in hopes to get my highest price accepted) or do I just find a used price and sell it

The thing with selling things like a rear stand or saddle bags is shipping costs....I'd like to not make pennies off a sale after the cost

I've never sold anything before, im terrible at this!! :D

With the bike, besides a member on here, im stressing local buys just to avoid shipping the bike (unless someone wants to pay for my flight back home, id ride it up lmao!)

seriously though...tips, tricks my lovely friends!;)

JSP

Super Moderator
For highest price, sell the aftermarket goodies either here (if they are small and comfortable for you to ship) or local craigslist etc.

They will not add much to the value of the bike. Just never do.

All depends on how much time you want to spend on doing it all. If you want it all to be done with, quick and painless, sell it all with the bike for not much if any more than the bike would be worth without them.

I would sell the bike as stock as I could. Then just take the time and sell what I could here (We like goodies here). If too big to ship for your liking, again, try selling local. People are always looking for stands and bags. Those are fairly universal items that would work on many different bikes. Should have no problem selling those local.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

behindXgrnXeyes

Goodies I dont mind taking the time to sell, i just want to at least get what I owe on the bike, a little over would be nice since im moving soon and going to have a financial hit on my hands. I feel like a loaded bike would justify the higher price, but yeah im thinking what everyone else is lmao

Reactions: JT

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

behindXgrnXeyes

off the cuff, it has 10k miles, garage kept, never down...uhhmmm TBR, PC5, flushies (front and rear) I have AAvengers retro w/ blue angel eye.

I asked its worth a couple months ago when I was pondering it and someone said that 4, 4.5 could be a possibility.

JSP

Super Moderator
off the cuff, it has 10k miles, garage kept, never down...uhhmmm TBR, PC5, flushies (front and rear) I have AAvengers retro w/ blue angel eye.

I asked its worth a couple months ago when I was pondering it and someone said that 4, 4.5 could be a possibility.
$4500 should be a good number you could get for it. $4k would sell fast!

I'd list at like $4600-$4700 area. Then take what you are comfortable with over $4k. I'd try to get as close to $4500 as possible. Thats a good price for it.

JSP

Super Moderator
what year is it?

behindXgrnXeyes
Bike: 09 Yahmaha FZ6R
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

;)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

behindXgrnXeyes

$4500 should be a good number you could get for it. $4k would sell fast!

I'd list at like $4600-$4700 area. Then take what you are comfortable with over $4k. I'd try to get as close to $4500 as possible. Thats a good price for it.
Your my new best friend :p Posting for friends of friends now, make it simplier on the "pay off" part when they know im not gonna run away with their money then resort for craigslist, starting at 5k for a couple weeks..then the "LOWERED PRICE" scheme :p

09 JR

CrazyCawi

4k stock.....then sell the exhaust/pcv seperate for about $650 shipped.

Both will sell fast.

behindXgrnXeyes

4 for the bike and 650 for those is less then the 4800 stock that some said i could get...or the 5k with it on that i could get so thats the lower end of the ideas

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member