First time going down., OUCH!

alh081

WARNING!!! SOME NUDITY!! =)

Biggest bruise i've had...EVER!

Last edited:

thedwayne

Yeah thats no fun. I agree with JonKerr though, the helmet is best considered unsafe at this point. I grew up being told to treat my helmet like a baby because even dropping it could render the helmet useless. Again, it is a matter of opinion but you don't want to end up like this guy :zombie:

alh081

yeah, thanks guys. i already made an insurance claim. so they'll replace my helmet.

alh081

OK guys. So a quick question i have. I know the damages to the bike were pretty minor, but i have to ask anyway since this is my first accident on my first bike.

By looking at the pictures of the damages, i'm going to assume that there is no serious damage to the bike (frame, etc). Correct?

I'm only asking is because my insurance said i can take the bike to a shop to get checked while an adjuster goes there and take a look or they can come to my house to look at the damages. I am not able to ride yet so i opted for them to come to my house to look at it. They will now write an estimate on only what they can see externally until i get it checked out by a shop and they notify them otherwise.

They will be sending me a check and since most things are cosmetic, i was only planning on changing only some of the damaged parts and use the rest to pay off the bike quicker.

so.........what do you guys think??

Bert-Aus

Dont let the adjuster get away with saying 'that it can all be painted and it will be fine'

Before you downed your bike it was in mint condition and now it is not...

From this pic i would be pushing the Insurer to replace the oil pump cover and front bolt

This pic I would be pushing for the TB end cap to be replaced as it is ground down

Once they agree to pay for all OEM parts, then you can decide as to whether you replace them or not.

That is how I would approach this anyways...

alh081

well..i got the estimate back already.

here is what he wrote. I understand most of this stuff, just some things im not sure what they are (sprocket cover, exhaust cap)

What are they offering you for your bodily injuries? When I went down from a lady running a stop sign, I was able to roll to safety and let the bike hit the car. In the end my insurance gave me 500 since I was not injured. I would fix the priorities to make the bike safe, put the rest to pay down the bike, and then either fix the smaller issues over time or turn it into a project bike. I understand though if you're using this as a commuter to work and don't have a back up vehicle. Good to see you're safe, I hate riding into rain/storms. Rather let it rain for an hour or 2 before taking my chances on a bike. Don't let the fall keep you off the bike.