First time down

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

JustKatie

I think your pride came through just fine seeing that you are willing to share your experience with your forum family! Just goes to show that it doesn't matter how experienced a rider may be something unexpected can come up, also another testament to wearing gear. Thanks for being humble enough to share with us cause your experience may just save a life. P.S. Very glad to hear that you and your ride are okay!

AngryAnt

Yeah, really glad you're not messed up. Entirely too many people seem to buy a cruiser and suddenly decide that skull-caps and short-sleeves shirts are the choice 'gear', or better yet a flimsy flea market leather vest. Its nice to see a geared out cruiser rider for a change, I know you'd be damn near the only one in my area.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Bartholomew

Shouldn't say I got off scot free. Just went out to the garage to give it a more thorough look. Clutch lever is bent, and there was a few drops of fluid under the bike. Closer inspection shows a couple drops collecting around the bottom bolts of the transmission primary cover. I tightened them down a bit and will check later to see if the leak persists. If it does, probably just needs a new gasket after getting knocked around a bit?

Clutch lever is just a $30 part. Primary cover leak has me nervous though.
It's a Harley right? You don't need to worry, I heard that they always leak fluids. LOL :justkidding:

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

Sorry about the tip over but glad ur ok. Hope the bike is ok too

Fizzer6R

glad you're ok man... :iconbeer:

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

dcBear78

I dropped my bike yesterday. Just scratched on the fairings and a broken mirror. And a slightly bent brake lever that will bend back no issue.

The mirrors aren't a concern as they were Ninja ones from eBay. A order for some more isn't an issue.

The fairings on the other hand.... Probably cost more to paint than to replace. Not sure yet as I haven't looked into it yet.

If anyone has a spare set of right hand side plastics for a 2010 white 6R lying around let me know. :rolleyes:

Superzoom

Sorry about your drop, Dcbear. You might want to go out and buy a little can of Tremclad Rustoleum white paint and use it to touch up the fairing. Pretty ghetto, but the Tremclad is good quality paint.

Madmike, sorry about your spill. I don't mean to be a douche, but did were you still on the brakes when you went into the pothole? I say that because whenever you are on your brakes, especially the front ones, it does bad things to your bike's suspension action, making it very harsh. With potholes, you should slow down before them, but then let off the brakes as you actually go over them, and even use a little constant throttle to go an even speed so that you are not decelerating over the pothole. Same thing with cars.

If you already knew that, I apologize.