First out of state trip

roidrage

Im heading to vegas the 20th of February. This is my first bike and i have almost 10000 miles on it. Want to get everything prepped for the trip.... probably going to be close to 1000 mile trip. Any suggestions of what to do or what to bring. I know i want to do an oil change and change my spark plugs. Also i want to grease everything around the bike just because i never have. :)

Also i have to say i am very happy that the fz6r following is getting bigger. Ive had alot more people ask me about my bike and i have two friends getting into riding that are going to buy 2010 models.

MikeN02

Toilet Paper.

Yeah my friend saw my bike and was so amazed, he was seriously considering buying one. Only thing stopping him is his mom.

JonKerr

Elite Member

dannymac702

Good luck on your Vegas ride! One of the things you should have on your trip is the phone # of a FZ6R rider who lives in Vegas. My tools and garage will be available to you for maintainence work if you wish. PM me to exchange cell numbers if you wish.

porky45

not necessarily something to bring, but you may consider changing the bar position on your bike. I'm assuming (from looking at your bike, so I could be completely off) that you probably have the bars in a more aggressive stance at the moment. If I'm riding 500 miles in a day, you damn well better believe that I'm in the most comfortable (upright) position possible.

my $0.02

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

roidrage

thnx for all the awesome advice... i really do appreciate it. Hopefully it will be nice weather