First commute, first night ride, first highway speeds, amazing.

Osoreru

Lot of firsts for me tonight. I finally got my Tour Master jacket in from the shop today, and a good pair of gloves (pants are going to have to come later, couldn't afford them too). So I decided it was finally time to use the bike for one of the primary purposes I bought it: Commuting to work. It handled beautifully. Even with some semi-high crosswinds when I got out on the highway, I never felt like I would lose control, just got kinda blown around a bit.

I think my only real complaint is that the headlight didn't really seem to do a lot of good. Maybe I need to change the way it's aimed a little, not really sure. There are plenty of street lights around, but I just kind of expected it to be a little brighter on the road ahead.

Definitely no regrets at this point. It still terrifies me a little, but overall I'm extremely glad I finally got up the money to start riding.

Michael Wilson

First of all congrats and welcome to your new addiction =)

Secondly get you headlight checked. Mine are super bright even on dim, never had a problem with them.

Last but not least... Just remember everytime we put foot on a bike we put our lives on the line whether its driving across the country, around the block, or to the store. Be carefull cagers are idiots enough said. Full gear full time. Atleast wear jeans untill you get your pants but I suggest you hurry and get those pants in =D

Most of all HAVE FUN!

Osoreru

Secondly get you headlight checked. Mine are super bright even on dim, never had a problem with them.
Good to know. I'll ask the mechanic at the dealer what he thinks. The bike was brand new and just out of the crate when I bought it, so maybe the light just didn't get adjusted correctly or something. I turned the high beam on, and it seemed alright, but the low beam just didn't provide much vis at all.

Michael Wilson

Ya sometimes they just need a tiny adjustment.

rjohnson5481

First of all congrats and welcome to your new addiction =)

+1 :thumbup:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

redwing-2001

Lot of firsts for me tonight. I finally got my Tour Master jacket in from the shop today, and a good pair of gloves (pants are going to have to come later, couldn't afford them too). So I decided it was finally time to use the bike for one of the primary purposes I bought it: Commuting to work. It handled beautifully. Even with some semi-high crosswinds when I got out on the highway, I never felt like I would lose control, just got kinda blown around a bit.

I think my only real complaint is that the headlight didn't really seem to do a lot of good. Maybe I need to change the way it's aimed a little, not really sure. There are plenty of street lights around, but I just kind of expected it to be a little brighter on the road ahead.

Definitely no regrets at this point. It still terrifies me a little, but overall I'm extremely glad I finally got up the money to start riding.
here ya go...

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/anyone-know-how-adjust-headlight-16074/

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Superzoom

My headlight wasn't just off... It was WAYYYY off. Aimed super high so that it did absolutely nothing on low or high beam.

I found that out the really bad way, of course... Was on a long distance tour thousands of kilometres from home and rode past sunset and couldn't see at all.

There are two adjusters behind the front fairing. Use them and see the light!