Finding naked parts.

felix77

I don't want an angular street fighter with insect like headlights. I want a monster inspired naked bike. Racing stripes and all. My question is, will FZ6 aftermarket parts from the naked bike go on?

I want a belly pan and windscreen for sure, maybe crash protectors and side fairings. If the FZ6 side fairings line up with the mounting holes for the full fairing, I could use those. If not, I will need to make 3D models and have them custom made.

Any one have experience on an all out conversion like that?

Chevyfazer

I don't think any of the fz6 fairings will work, you might be able to use a fz6 belly pan but you would have to make your own brackets. Mounting the headlight is the easy part no matter what headlight you choose. But out of curiosity if you want a streetfighter why do you want to add plastic? Most streetfighters are about removing plastic. But whatever you choose to do I like the idea you have and it could turn out to be a badasss bike if done right

yfz6r

It's not really naked if add side fairing. A chin cowl logos good on naked bikes though. Look into the z1000 headlight. You can get windscreens for that assembly.

iSpoolin

Your building a streetfighter, if something you want doesn't fit, you make it fit. That's where all the fun in a streetfighter is!

cavcuz05

I was debating on doing a Cafe/ Street fighter but decided why change something that already works...IMHO I love the XJ6 just wish we could get that option here or you could bump up to an FZ8

felix77

The side firings will be minimalist for sure. I don't think a streetfighter is a pure naked bike. It is more of a hybrid than anything. The side fairings are strategically placed and cover up unattractive parts of the bike. It is pretty common on SV650 and SV1000 streetfighters, but the FZ6r has a lot less market it seems. I definitely want to cover up any mounts for the original fairing. Here is a couple of examples of minimalist side fairings.

Placed in an area with high drag, could possibly recover some aerodynamics.

The obvious disadvantage of the FZ6R is that there aren't many after market streetfighter kits, the advantage though is that is has a lot more power than the SV650 and a much more beautiful stock frame and engine.

Last edited:

felix77

To give you an idea of what I am going for, this is the kind of bellypan I am going for. Without the Ducati logo of course.

For the windscreen or front fairing, maybe something minimalist like this.

Lol, sorry for the bikini girl, google image. :eek:

Superzoom

The obvious disadvantage of the FZ6R is that there aren't many after market streetfighter kits, the advantage though is that is has a lot more power than the SV650 and a much more beautiful stock frame and engine.
The FZ6R has NO street fighter kits that I know of.

SV650 makes about 6 MORE horsepower than FZ6R, and 7 more pound feet of torque.

I don't personally consider the FZ6R frame to be beautiful, more functional and basic. I think the SV650 has a nicer frame.

Good luck with your build! I'm still thinking about street fightering mine. I think it would lend itself more to a Mad Max type of rough and rugged look than something sleek and slick.

Last edited:

felix77

The FZ6R has NO street fighter kits that I know of.

SV650 makes about 6 MORE horsepower than FZ6R, and 7 more pound feet of torque.

I don't personally consider the FZ6R frame to be beautiful, more functional and basic. I think the SV650 has a nicer frame.

Good luck with your build! I'm still thinking about street fightering mine. I think it would lend itself more to a Mad Max type of rough and rugged look than something sleek and slick.
I don't know where you got you information, the SV650, which hasn't been released in America for a few years has a peak HP of 73 @8800rpm and 47ft lbs of torque at 7k.

I read that the 2012 fz6r has 103hp @12k rpm. I can't find that site but the 2009 models and earlier had 98 hp @12 and 46.5 of torque @ 10k rpm

So the SV650 slightly beats the older FZ6r on torque due to it's v twin. It also has smoother torque across the power band. But the FZ6R outshines the SV650 on the high end, with top speeds of 140-145 mph confirmed. Now you may get up there on an SV650s, but that is doubtful with the slightely lower peak RPM range.

Chevyfazer

I don't know where you got you information, the SV650, which hasn't been released in America for a few years has a peak HP of 73 @8800rpm and 47ft lbs of torque at 7k.

I read that the 2012 fz6r has 103hp @12k rpm. I can't find that site but the 2009 models and earlier had 98 hp @12 and 46.5 of torque @ 10k rpm

So the SV650 slightly beats the older FZ6r on torque due to it's v twin. It also has smoother torque across the power band. But the FZ6R outshines the SV650 on the high end, with top speeds of 140-145 mph confirmed. Now you may get up there on an SV650s, but that is doubtful with the slightely lower peak RPM range.
Your talking about the fz6 not the fz6r wich is way under that

felix77

You guys are right, I found the specs for my bike and it is a bit disappointing. Well, I can TBR and get a bit more out of it. I hear the engine is a modified R6, is there any way to tune it way up?

Superzoom

You guys are right, I found the specs for my bike and it is a bit disappointing. Well, I can TBR and get a bit more out of it. I hear the engine is a modified R6, is there any way to tune it way up?
Don't be disappointed until you get out there and ride your bike hard. I personally like the bike's powerband for the kind of riding I do.

Most people change the exhaust to get a better sound. The performance change is close to negligible.

For the only way to significantly change the FZ6R's performance, fix the suspension, or chat with Marty and mention cams.

Chevyfazer

Basically the originally fz6 has a detuned 03 r6 motor and by detuned I mean slightly less aggressive cams and tuned more for mid range punch vs top end power like the r6 and in the process they knocked 2000rpm off the bike as well, and then the fz6r comes along and the same thought process was applied but to the already modified fz6 motor. You should look into marthy's thread where he put fz6 cams in the fz6r. But it would be dang near impossible to get the numbers from a 03 r6 even out of my bike which is a 04 fz6 which is the closest thing to the 03 motor. I could swap cams but I've been thinking for a while now about finding a whole 03 r6 head and see what kind of numbers I can get.