Finally!!!!!!!!

6R Blackout

:steve::Sport::popcorn:Finally, installed my Apex riserclip ons, I posted some pictures for you all to see, and maybe for those of you who are still thinking of doing this mod, as you can see I did mine on top of the triple, it lowered the front end about 2", it sure does want to corner alot more now being lower in the front. I put new hand grips and yes I know they say R6 and not 6R, but most people don't know the difference around here, so for us on the forum it will be our little secret.LOL. Anyways I couldn't find any like that, that said 6R. Well here are some pics hope you all lke them. Thanks.:iconbeer::noworries:

Attachments

kevin8198

Elite Member

Detrich

Nice job! :)

b_who

Looks really good
Any clearence issues you had to deal with?

jermfly

I'm wanting to do this. How much lower do they sit from the stock handle bars. And do they stick out as much?

6R Blackout

Sorry, a little off subject, but did you get your key from badass keys? If so did you have him send it cut already or did you get someone local to you to do it? Thanks!
I did get it from badass keys and I gave the guy my key number and he cut it and sent it to me already cut, it works great and i love it.:thumbup:

6R Blackout

link to clip ons??
All I did was went to ebay for mine just hit the search for Apex riser clipons and they came up, by the way if you get them get the 41mm. hope that helped!

6R Blackout

6R Blackout

Looks really good
Any clearence issues you had to deal with?
Well you will have to adjust your clutch and brake levers so they don't hit the fairing part right by the mirrors and windscreen, and your actual up and down hight to clear the tank. but in all there was nothing really difficult about the install. It just takes time about 3-4 hours, and just be careful when loosening your triple tree.

6R Blackout

I'm wanting to do this. How much lower do they sit from the stock handle bars. And do they stick out as much?
In my opinion I am about 4-5 inches lower, you will really notice a difference in ergonomics if you do this mod, As far as sticking out, no not any further than the stock bars, it is about the same, so much so you can't tell.:thumbup:

6R Blackout

howz the new riding position comparetive to the stock? it must be real nice on tracks and twisties!! looks super cool..!
Well all I can say for riding position is I feel I am on a true supersport now. I can't wait to get it out and really take to some twisties and cornering. :thumbup:

Detrich

Looks great. I wish there was a way to also swap out our front fork to an adjustable one. The fixed looks like 2 poles holding up the front end

iSpoolin

Looks good! but why R6 grips? lol