Finally finished my "winter mods" pict heavy

NUISANCE

Got the last of my "winter mods" today, my new license plate. I picked it up from the DMV, washed the bike, lubed the chain then snapped some pictures which are below. Don't know why the color of the vinyl looks that far off, it's maybe 1 shade different.

So far this winter, if you want to call it that in Cali, I did-
Full detail including clay bar, polish, 2 coats of wax
Vinyl wrapped the frame
Spark plugs, cleaned K&N
Ceramic coated the exhaust after welding in a O2 bung
Tore the muffler apart, ceramic coated it then repacked it
Installed a Zero Gravity double bubble
Installed a set of Proton flush mounts after a light tinting
Tinted my rear integrated taillight red for the OEMish look
Installed a flasher relay
Deleted my charcoal canister
Installed a Power Commander Autotuner
Ordered a chain guard for a XJ, had it shipped over then powder coated gloss black
Did some shaving to my license plate bracket then powder coated it black
Lastly, installed my new license plate

WOW...great looking bike man. That red vinyl wrap looks great, and that carbon fiber can looks really cool as well. Nice design skills sir.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

SAFE-T

How will the wrap hold up if the frame gets hot ? It's been a loooong winter and I can't recall if the FZ6R frame absorbs much heat from the motor or not.

Have you thought about painting or wrapping the fork lowers black ?

Last edited:

NUISANCE

Sorry for the late reply fellas, busy with school, work and now in the market to buy a house. Thanks for the props, been working on it a lot lately along with driving it. Doesn't look like it has 22K miles on it but it does.

What kind of exhaust is that? How much did it cost?
It a R6 header with a GYTR slip on. If you skipped the ceramic coating I did it would run you about $300-$350.

Looks great, man. What did you use for the vinyl wrap? I'm also curious where you got the chain guard and the radiator guard.
I used 3M wrap, can't remember the exact shade off of the top of my head. I bout a roll that was like 5 feet wide, have like 4 feet left. I can send you some to do the frame or otherwise, wouldn't charge you but shipping. I made the radiator guard, the chain guard was bought off of ebay UK and shipped over. The link to where I got it is YAMAHA xj6 alloy chain guard new genuine item (s) | eBay

Can you take a few more profile pics from further away? Bike looks ridiculous, love it!
See below :)

Looking good...Is that some of Bikemasters material that you used to cover the radiator?How did you mount it?
It a medium weight metal I picked up from my local welding shop. It is held in place with some L shaped brackets I made. I bent it to the shape of the radiator and used the radiator mounting points for the brackets. I am actually thinking about doing a new one in a month or some, something with an aluminum frame and a different material.

How will the wrap hold up if the frame gets hot ? It's been a loooong winter and I can't recall if the FZ6R frame absorbs much heat from the motor or not.

Have you thought about painting or wrapping the fork lowers black ?
I've put over 1K on it since the wrap with no issues thus far. I wouldn't suspect there would be any issues from heat because you are/can use a heat gun when you apply it although I didn't I just stretched it and was able to get it to wrap all the way around with no bubbles, wrinkles or otherwise. I though about wrapping the front forks but it would be hard because of the reflector mounting tabs and the flat part where the bolt for the wheel goes through as you can't wrap that part because the bolt would tear it up when you tightened it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Damn she purdy!

Makes me want to hear her purrrr,
and after some sweet caressing make her ROAR!:D

NUISANCE

Just wanted to but this up with an update. Everything is holding up good including the vinyl wrap on the frame and the ceramic coating on the exhaust. Looks just as good as the day I installed everything :)

Cstewart101

Just wanted to but this up with an update. Everything is holding up good including the vinyl wrap on the frame and the ceramic coating on the exhaust. Looks just as good as the day I installed everything :)

Looks freaking sweet man. Love it. What part of cali? Looks clean as can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk