Fender eliminator & Or Tire hugger.

Cartee

I'm looking to do the $10 do it yourself FE tonight on my 6R. However I'm worried about rain/mud being flinged up without the stock fender. Has anyone put a fender eliminator on and have problems with fling up rain/mud without a tire hugger? I would love to get a tire hugger but they are really expensive.. if anyone has some ideas please let me know..

Yes I've already searched for this and I couldnt really find what I wanted.

Thanks

cavcuz05

Really dont ride in the rain but when the ground is wet i really dont notice anything

Roaddawg

With a FE on, it will fling mud/water up without the stock fender on. A rear tire hugger wouldn't block water/mud either. Its not like riding a bicycle in the rain/mud, though. It will get your license plate, taillight, and some on the rear passenger seat wet/dirty...maybe a little on the back of your jacket. If your riding in the rain, what does it matter if water is flinging on your back anyways...as long as you have some type of raingear on? On the other hand, if its dry out and you see water or mud in the roadway, you just have to remember to slow down and/or avoid it if possible. I always wear a jacket, so it wouldn't get my clothes dirty anyways.

Cartee

Thanks for the quick replies! Keep em coming. I'm just really trying to decide if its worth it for me to do the FE... I really like the looks of it but I dont want to get muddy.

Roaddawg

Thanks for the quick replies! Keep em coming. I'm just really trying to decide if its worth it for me to do the FE... I really like the looks of it but I dont want to get muddy.
Do you find yourself riding in muddy conditions much now?

kevin8198

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I have an FE and ride in the rain a ton. I hardly ever get dirt or mud to fling up on my back. It does get the license plate, taillight and a little on the rear seat, but I have never found any substantial amounts on the back of my jackets or even my backpack.

Cartee

It does rain here quite a bit, I'll probably just try the FE and if it doesnt work out to well I can just put the fender back on...

Thanks for the posts!

F

FZ6R_Blue

I have a FE and the rear hugger and its mostly all for looks. i road earlier this year with wet roads and even with the fender on i still got a little spray, I'm sure i'll get soaked when i ride in wet conditions now but o'well it looks better now.

nucmedman63

I have a FE on mine and the city has torn up all the road around my house and they water them all the time so I get to ride muddy roads everyday and I haven't gotten any mud on me but my taillight and plate are another story

Detrich

dunno how it is in other places, but things are starting to suck in So Cali...

one of my friends got pulled over for having an FE this weekend up at GMR. he posted on FB that he wasn't speeding or doing anything, and that the cop pulled him over strictly for illegal placement of the license plate. he rides an Aprilia RSV4, so at least he can afford to pay the fix-it ticket. <lol> xP

with CA state budget crisis, i guess they are pulling out all the stops... i bought an FE for my R6, but decided to save it for a rainy day for now. Or, at least until economy gets better. fix it tix used to be cheap, but not so much anymore. plus the hassle. gov't needs $, so they're starting to knit pick everything i guess... :(

Roaddawg

dunno how it is in other places, but things are starting to suck in So Cali...

one of my friends got pulled over for having an FE this weekend up at GMR. he posted on FB that he wasn't speeding or doing anything, and that the cop pulled him over strictly for illegal placement of the license plate. he rides an Aprilia RSV4, so at least he can afford to pay the fix-it ticket. <lol> xP

with CA state budget crisis, i guess they are pulling out all the stops... i bought an FE for my R6, but decided to save it for a rainy day for now. Or, at least until economy gets better. fix it tix used to be cheap, but not so much anymore. plus the hassle. gov't needs $, so they're starting to knit pick everything i guess... :(
Was his the kind like you see on here or the kind where the plate is up in the wheel well? Because those type are illegal if they are easily visible.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

cloudfire

Ok, I did a search but couldn't find anything with $10 FE, DIY or do it yourself FE. Could you please share the link or the info on this?

Roaddawg

Ok, I did a search but couldn't find anything with $10 FE, DIY or do it yourself FE. Could you please share the link or the info on this?
Here's a couple of the homemade FE threads:
On Pge 3 in the middle of this thread, I show where I made mine for $9 :):
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/heres-my-fe-15363/index3.html

Or you could go the more expensive route :) and view this more current thread for a homemade one:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/10-fe-do-yourself-21677/

Just a little FYI: When using the "search", it doesn't work with three letter or less words. Instead of typing in FE, DIY, (or whatever the acronym might be), type in the actual word, i.e. fender eliminator... It will work so much better.

cloudfire

Thanks for the links. I tried the Fender Eliminator search but came out with 8 pages of results. I will definitely do this mod when I get my bike!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member