Feeler: WTS marthy exhaust sytem, jbpro

06330i

So I'm trying to see if there's any interest in my marthy system and jb pro. The reason for it being a "feeler" is because I'm currently in the market for a new bike, and would like to return the bike back to stock since the exhaust doesn't add any value to the trade in of the bike. It's going to be a few weeks before I go and get another bike because I'm currently looking for what I want. What I'm looking to do is trade my modified headers for your stock system+cash. I want to sell the modified headers, with no can, for $300 shipped, proper clamp included, or I also have a r6 midpipe, and a jardine shorty can and the proper exhaust hanger for an extra $40 so you can have a side mount system. I will be honest though, the jardine can is in OK shape, it has scratches, small gouges, etc etc, but is fully functional. Also I'd be willing to sell my jb pro, for $150 shipped. I will also have a few extra parts I'll get rid of like a tinted double bubble windscreen and zx6r mirrors. Like stated, this will be a few weeks before any of this happens.

I hope this isn't breaking forum rules for posting a "feeler" if it is, mods feel free to delete the thread, I won't be insulted :p

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

06330i

I have a pretty broad range of what I'm looking at right now, but my list so far consists of this:

2012 Kawasaki z1000
2012 Kawasaki zx6r
2011 Gsxr 1000
2012 Gsxr 750

I know those are all across the board lol, but they all fall into my likes in certain ways. Suzuki offers 0% financing right now so I've been leaning towards getting a gixxer. Also my local dealer ship has both of those kawis left over for $8000, and a good interest rate as well. So now I just gotta do some physical research, as I've already checked out all those bikes in person today.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

06330i

Nah I'm really not picky about color. I like the z1000 a lot, insurance is actually cheaper on it than I'm paying now for my 6r. There's two z1000's I'm looking at, one is a leftover 2010 brand new its pearl white with orange for $7499 and also a 2012 that's black with orange for $8299, the only thing that's holding me back from getting one is finding a taller windscreen for it. I was really set on getting a r6 since I'm a yamaha guy at heart, but after reading reviews about the harshness of the ergos I concur they're pretty aggressive (especially when you're 6'2"260 like me) The gsxr's are so comfortable for a supersport, and they come with more standard stuff, gear indicator, steering stabilizer and no need for flushmounts.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

06330i

Dead serious on the insurance quote, it ended up being around $10 cheaper than on the 6r. $110 a month (in my name) to be exact. And the quote comes out the same for the 2010 and the 2012. I go through progressive currently, I'm 22 with a clean record. Although if I go through my dads policy on state farm, I could get it even cheaper, I got quoted $120 a month for the gsxr 1000 through them, not bad at all. I was concerned though about that as well (in regards to the bike sitting for so long) apparently they got the bike from a dealership that had went out of business, assuming the bike had sat there for some time because they weren't selling bikes fast enough. My only concerns with it were the oil sitting in there for so long, and also the radiator fluid/brake fluid.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

06330i

I think it would relieve any of my concerns. I bought my bike in 2012 with 1100 miles on it and it was an 09, and I've never had a single issue with it. The dealership was nice enough to change the oil when I picked it up so she was all set to go.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

$110/month is cheap!? :eek:

I pay $165/month for full coverage on my '06 F150, '09 FZ6R, and '12 ST3. Even when I was in my 20's, my insurance wasn't much difference price wise. I guess that's another price you pay to live in the great state of Michigan...
Damn, I just got insurance for myself for 32 bucks a month from allstate in florida. And this is on a liter bike...

06330i

You guys are killing me with these insurance quotes lol. I need to move out of Michigan. Highest insurance rates, highest CPL fees. Woop! lol