fastest you've had your fz6r

Status
Not open for further replies.

fz6rwolf

Unless he's got a 'Busa engine lol. I've done 120mph but could have had more, 5'9" at 155lbs.

M3Sharif

6'1" 180lbs and new top speed of 132mph in 6th gear full throttle. You gotta really tuck in and reduce that air resistance :)

Verranth

5'7" 183lbs @ 121 MPH = ~ 10.5K RPM. However, I dont believe I was actually going that fast since the speedo is a little optimistic. I believe the bike will top out at 130 MPH according to our speedo, and Yamaha's actual 124MPH is about right. With everything stock (btw)

Last edited:

Funkmaxtor

I've hit 135 mph. Pretty much at redline at that point. Not at the rev limiter though. I'm 5'10" 210lbs.

cal003

our bikes must be governed because I was going downhill on the interstate and it would go up to 130 and back down to 128 and stay between there... down a hill :mad:

Tijeras505

5'9'' 180, been up to 110 with a bit more to go. All stock. But I am also at high altitude which really decreases the power.

sean_fz6r

Ya, mine is governed at 200km. When I hit it it kept going 199, 200, 198, etc and the rpms went down, but the bike felt very solid, no vibrations or anything. 5'9" 155lb.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen 109 mph indicated, and that wasn't even pushing it. :rockon: Being that I only weigh 145 pounds and there was plenty of throttle left, I should be able to go more than 130 mph easily (although I don't like to push it like that on the streets).

mtucker

So far i've only had mine doing 180km/h reving around 10k rpm. I'm 5'9 and weigh 185lbs. It seemed like it could do more, because it was smooth sailing at 180. Does anyone know a way to override the govenor? Not that you need to go that fast though :D

calltrex

I was going to put a bit smaller rear sprocket on to go a bit faster.

wonder if the computer will still keep it from going above 200km

lilfuzz

If there is a governer. You can change the rear sproket all you want. The computer is still gonna shut the injectors off at the same speed. I have had mine up to 135mph on a good smooth straight away on the interstate. Im 5'11 and 200lbs.

mfischler

Elite Member
Top Speed

I've had it to 130 with my body tucked down, 123-4 sitting upright. But according to my GPS I topped out about 123. The speedo does seem to be off.

euros4life

Im 5'10" about 170lbs and I have had mine up to 136 at 12,000 tucking hard. Yes thats past red line, it felt like she was pretty much done, nothing left after that. And I didn't hit a rev limiter.

btastarsky

So far, I've had it 115. Once I get my exhaust/pc/autotuner put on, I'll see what i can come up wiht for a top speed. I wanna remove the top speed limiter and see what it can really do.

Root Down

So far, I've had it 115. Once I get my exhaust/pc/autotuner put on, I'll see what i can come up wiht for a top speed. I wanna remove the top speed limiter and see what it can really do.
It's limited by the factory? I wouldn't know heh, I've only had mine to around 95mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.