faster fz6r

RoadTrip

Well, I moved up to a GSXR600, and it is a more exciting ride, albeit twice as expensive in every arena (bike cost, insurance, and tires), and the rides tend to be twice as short. But, here is the deal, in most instances it is very similar in speed to an FZ6R unless you run it above 10K, and then it gets real nasty. So, you find yourself running in the 7-11K range for charging sweepers with the option of a little high RPM hit on the straights if you are so inclined, but you can't keep it there long or you going too fast.

I went 600 to 600 for a lot of reasons, but if you are really a power monger then consider the FZ1 or a liter SS when the time comes to move up, for me I find the 600 size engine to be plenty - anything more and i am just gonna be going even faster. I mean up and down and around corners, you still gotta keep from outrunning your line of sight and give margins for any suprise that comes around the next bend, that rule doesn't change just cause you get a faster bike.

WhiteFZ

I think the FZ8 is the perfect step up.

iSpoolin

Honestly if you wanted a 10-11 second bike you shouldn't have bought the 6R lol, the 6R is a GREAT bike, and its plenty quick, but its not meant for speed.