F/S: 2007 FZ6 Complete Engine (76,000 Miles)

skooter65

Not sure how much interest this will spark here but, you never know what kind of projects people have going :)

Just as the title states, a "high" mileage engine removed from a 2007 FZ6 Model. Engine is in excellent physical shape, runs flawlessly, and comes with near perfect service records; I emphasize Perfect (Please see the last photo). I have tried to price this low as compared to similar units seen on classified and auction sites. Additional photos will follow once I have had a chance to clean everything within the next week or two.

Please feel free to contact me at any time should you have any questions.

Asking $525.00 o.b.o. (Please contact me for shipping/delivery estimates).

Scott
[email protected]
207-653-4449

Photos:
*Please excuse the quality; better images to come.
Note: the "marks" on the stator covers are road grime, not scratches

Side View:

Ortho-View

Front View

Service Records
*Every oil change, spark plug replacement, adjustment, tire change, major service, etc... were completed by a major dealership. Receipts Included with sale. I was impressed :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

skooter65

Just a suggestion... You should include a leak down test with your engine. It is easy to perform. It should not take you more than 1/ hr with the engine out. That is like giving your engine a Xray or CT scan. Compression test are ok, but leak down test are what we do on high end engine before selling cars.

A good reading in the leak down test should over come the fear of buying an engine with high mileage...

I tough I was anal about keeping track of maintenance record... You beat me there Bro... LOL
Thank you for the suggestion; I would definitely be game for testing of any nature if the buyer so desires (within reason).

The maintenance record was actually for the previous owner. The gentleman was a retiree and put the majority of the miles on the bike running cross-country treks. I bought the bike as a project for this winter. Unfortunately the "sh*% luck" fairy decided to visit and I am now being transplanted for work. Needless to say; funds will not allow for this major project this winter.

Thank you for the bump!

Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

skooter65

Will this engine bolt into the fz6r frame with no mods? What is the hp difference?
I would imagine that it "could" be bolted into the FZ6R frame however; I would also imagine that it would require a significant amount of work and modification. A quick comparison of photographs of the engine show differing mounting points on the left-hand side which would lead me to believe that the other mount points are different as well.

As for the HP; I will leave that one alone for today..touchy subject :)

I wonder if my gocart.....
Exactly!!

I hate the "sh*% luck" fairy.
She seems to come more frequently these days. Sad really...

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

miketriebsch

76,000 MILES!!!!! I cant believe these things will go that long. I know mine won't with me driving it lol.

yfz6r

Yamaha motors are amazing. FJRs easily hit 200k. A few FZ1s have hit 200k. I've read about an r6 going 150k.

If this motor was well taken care of, I'd say it still has a lot of life left.