F/s: 09 Yamaha fz6r. Raven black

clifford_05

I bought this bike this past April. It's a 09 Yamaha fz6r in raven black. It has just a touch over 2000 miles on it. It's been garage kept, and well maintainted. I have a few accessories for it like handgrips, gas tank carbon fiber protector, red wheel stripes, red bar ends with a carbon fiber inlay and some small things like that. Other wise it's all stock and runs great. Only reason I'm trying to sell it is I had a baby in january, so money is kinda tight. The retail price is lower then what I'm asking but I was dumb and picked up a 5 year warranty on it so Incase anything went bad they would fix. Wish I wouldn't have got it now but i was thinking more wallet smart then incase Something broke since parts arent all that cheap sometimes. Feel free to ask questions. No joy rides and looking for serious buyers only. It's def a fun bike to ride and don't wanna sell it but things happen.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

clifford_05

Oh I thought I put a price. My bad, lol. All I want is pay off which is at $8000. That 5 year warranty kicked up the price a bit. That's the only part that stinks.

sbhoopsfan

8000 is an awful lot for a bike thats selling new for under 5, i purchased the extended as well and still only payed like 6000 otd. I wish you luck and hope you can sell.

clifford_05

When I first bought my bike it was $6300 with all the tax n stuff then the warranty on too of it. So I'm in a even worse situation about it. I make bad choices alot. So I pay every month n slowly chip away at what I owe. Few years and I'll be lucky to have it paid off or sold.

ksanbon

I don't know about OH, but in California you can cancel the warranty and get all, or most (depending on mileage & claims) of the cost back. After-market warranties are considered insurance policies. The money goes to the company that's financing the bike, which lowers your payoff.

If the dealership refuses to cancel the warranty (they made $$ on it), call the BBB or DMV.

If you think you'll have to sell it for less than the payoff, call your finance company. Sometimes they'll set up a payment plan so you can pay off the difference.

Good luck and congratulations for the new baby!

Last edited:

undecided

I don't know about OH, but in California you can cancel the warranty and get all, or most (depending on mileage & claims) of the cost back. After-market warranties are considered insurance policies. The money goes to the company that's financing the bike, which lowers your payoff.

If the dealership refuses to cancel the warranty (they made $$ on it), call the BBB or DMV.

If you think you'll have to sell it for less than the payoff, call your finance company. Sometimes they'll set up a payment plan so you can pay off the difference.

Good luck and congratulations for the new baby!
Good Information :thumbup: