Exhilarating - 100 miles after purchase

Pvee

At Siemens Oh on rt 32 and rt 247 Intersection.

Bought in Wilmington Oh and rode the long way to here, then rt 247 back to Hillsboro and then home. About 170 miles total..

Exhilarating to ride..!

Butt hurts and my wrist hurt, I think I need Bar Backs, and I added my Alaska Leather cushion when I got home. Hope that helps..

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Pvee

I had lots of fun back home around Hillsboro... about six months after I bought her, rode back from VA to my 20 yr reunion.... grew up riding those roads on my ten speed, 6 speed so much more fun :)

Congrats on the new ride!
I live about 25 miles north of Cincinnati, near Kings Island Park.

My favorite ride which I will do in a couple weeks is rt 73 from Hillsboro to peebles. After a snack or rest go to Aberdeen start north on rt 41 about one mile, turn left on rt 763. back up to rt 125, then head home. 763 is hills and curves all the way.

Or go to Higginsport, head north on rt 221. It is lines with those old rock walls.

Rt 763 has a lot of rock walls/fences also near the north end of it.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

abyss1406

ride loose, stay loose :D

mikebaileyvienna

Elite Member

applejax

The reason your wrists hurt is because you are supporting significant weight on your hands, which not only hurts but prevents you from properly handling your bike. I had the same issue until a fellow forum player clued me in:
1) squeeze your tank with your legs to engage your core in holding up your torso;
2) buy Stompgrip or some thing similar to enhance your ability to do 1)

IMHO, anyone riding around with a slippery tank is DOING IT WRONG!
I found having a bend in my elbow also helps out tremendously.

jearnshaw

When I first bought my bike I was gun ho on buying handle bar risers but after 3k miles my body adapted to the bike so now my arms and wrists don't hurt as much.

For the seat I had mine re foamed to a more dense foam. That decision was not made though til after my 1k mile trip in the first week I owned my bike.

Pvee

The reason your wrists hurt is because you are supporting significant weight on your hands, which not only hurts but prevents you from properly handling your bike. I had the same issue until a fellow forum player clued me in:
1) squeeze your tank with your legs to engage your core in holding up your torso;
2) buy Stompgrip or some thing similar to enhance your ability to do 1)

IMHO, anyone riding around with a slippery tank is DOING IT WRONG!
Thanks,, I appreciate any advice...
It could be because I am 72 years old and things just ache from time to time.

I did about 160 miles today and my arms didn't feel bad at all.

I have been riding since 1962 and have owned BMW 1150R, Vmax and a couple other sport style bikes.